Impressa E8 - Low Pressure, hissing and water in tray

TheDude

Nov 8, 2022
California
Visit site
Hello, I've got a well loved Jura Impressa E8 with over 45K cups brewed that needs some love. For awhile now we've been getting a lot more water in the bottom part of the tray (not the ground tray) and more recently it's lost some pressure. It'll occasionally hiss and puff like a Mr Coffee machine, which it never has before. The lower pressure and hissing thing happened all at once, like something failed. Coffee is coming out weaker than it should. Grounds are wetter than normal and less puck shaped and more just a pile of grounds.

I've refurbished the brew group and replaced orings and what not a few times over the years, but never had an issue like this and my google searches aren't really getting me anywhere on either of those issues.

I'd appreciate any feedback on what might be causing the issues.

Thanks!

BijouMan

Hello, I've got a well loved Jura Impressa E8 with over 45K cups brewed that needs some love. For awhile now we've been getting a lot more water in the bottom part of the tray (not the ground tray) and more recently it's lost some pressure. It'll occasionally hiss and puff like a Mr Coffee machine, which it never has before. The lower pressure and hissing thing happened all at once, like something failed. Coffee is coming out weaker than it should. Grounds are wetter than normal and less puck shaped and more just a pile of grounds.

I've refurbished the brew group and replaced orings and what not a few times over the years, but never had an issue like this and my google searches aren't really getting me anywhere on either of those issues.

I'd appreciate any feedback on what might be causing the issues.

Thanks!
Assuming you have run the cleaning cycle with the tablet recently, there is clearly something deeply wrong with the brew group. It may need to be serviced or replaced. It wouldn't be that difficult to find one considering that JURA has not changed its fundamental design since its first IMPRESSA model.

There is another forum on the internet specifically catering to these machines called Bean2cup.org which is European and auto-translates posts into multiple European languages. These machines are far more popular in Europe than anywhere else as it is where pretty much all of them are made.

Last edited:

TheDude

Nov 8, 2022
California
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback and the lead on bean2cup.org. I'll check them out. I probably ought to start with pulling the brew group again and rebuilding it, but am hoping to better understand what is happening. Like that hissing sound isn't when it's brewing and only happens occasionally. It'll just randomly huff and puff for a moment then be done. I'm thinking there are multiple issues and this thing just keeps chugging away.

Thanks again for the tip on the other site.