Instant Coffee

NataliaR

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
@marcavanyo- Cool! What country do you reside in? I would like to add it to my list of countries to tackle.

@theperfectcoffeecup- Your absolutely right on the negative sentiment towards instant coffee. I was commenting about this very issue on another forum and its really pretty simple. Instant coffee is not a product where its makers have focused on quality, because it is generally seen as a convienance item. Most companies making instant have a "its just coffee" mentality. I am trying to tackle this very issue by actually focusing on the ingredients. Instead of buying crappy beans because they are going to be freeze dried anyway, I bought higher quality beans called Supremo in Colombia and I slow processed their granulation. I found quality sweetener and paid attention to the packaging's effect on the product. It's possible to make good instant coffee.

Not trying to sell you but I always welcome individuals like you who have a bad feeling about instant, because if you were drinking folgers you definitely have been duped on this instant coffee business. Give others a try, even if it isn't my coffee cubes, just stay away from big brands because they more than not steer you wrong. Thanks for the input!

theperfectcoffeecup

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've went and checked forum member NatalieR and the product she was talking about, "Jiva Cubes". This is actually really interesting and seems like something a real coffee aficionado would at least give a consideration. If you want to check it out it's Gourmet Instant Coffee On the Go! | Jiva Cubes
The site seems very ethical and honest and the product seems to have a viable purpose, not to mention their involved with kickstarter, great concept and community.

marcavanyo

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
@marcavanyo- Cool! What country do you reside in? I would like to add it to my list of countries to tackle.

I live here in Indonesia. Almost every major coffee brands had their own instant-pack. You can easily find it even in small-far from town-village. Just name it, nescafe, kapal api, torabika etc. They all very good in terms of sales and business.

crwate

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am really concern about the health issue for instant coffees. Generally it isn't good in taste and it doesn't promote any nutritional benefits to the consumer at all. Perhaps, those in the chase of a busy day-to-day life would of course prefer to have instant coffee as it saves lots of time since all you have to do is just pour hot water/milk or whatever, and that's it.

My personal choice, I still prefer brewed coffee to enjoy the richness in taste and aroma.

aurohyd123

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
In my personal view instant coffee are good and bad also depending on the brand some of the brand has great taste and they are good for health to but some of the brands just do it for their profit I think instant coffee should be like that a great taste and should be good for health

Last edited by a moderator:

Indesio

Sep 22, 2012
Barakaldo
Visit site
is there any good instant Koffees?

No good. Just acceptable. Even nestle's (sorry) nescafé is useful depending environment. Not everyday home coffee is possible. For this kind of days the colombian soluble is my option. Costa rica's one isn't so good IMO. The espresso arabico (soluble) is also a choice. Available on all supermarkets.

Salu2.
Indesio.

CappuccinoMaker

Dec 10, 2012
London
Visit site
Obviously instant coffee doesn't replace the smell of the freshly brewed espresso and it is just an caffeine intake, not much more, that's correct, but some of the brands are not too bad with their quality. There is quite a selection now days in every supermarket especially in Europe, I quite enjoy the "espresso" type of instant coffee, where rather then granules it looks more like a powder. Once hot water is poured over it, it makes a nice thick crema on the top. Smells like a coffee too.

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread is getting old but I am a newbie and would just like to chime in when and where I can because I believe I have found myself another home.

I will drink instant in a dire emegency only or to be socialble where instant is the only option.

The last instant coffee I drank was either Taster's Choice which I really loved or Sanka which wasn't too bad.

Now you bring up an interesting question because I have tasted some kCup coffee that tasted like instant and was rather weak even though it was to be a medium brew with medium being relative of course.

phillymade

Apr 19, 2013
Delaware
Visit site
I'm not a fan of instant either, the taste is not good. But I do carry some at work (I work in a prison and do not always have access to a coffee pot) so I use Folgers singles. Its like a tea bag, you can steep/brew as strong as you like, so its easy and convenient. While the taste is not the best, its one of the better instant coffees I've tried

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Flori

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I usually brew my coffee at home. But I also carry some instant coffee if I am going out traveling and have not found any reviews of good coffee shops nearby. It is also nice to carry it at work as sometimes the coffee machine is not working :). - Flori, Blogger, Coffeeloversofworld.com

Latest posts