Interesting Facts about Coffee

Biznerdjm

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone.

So I've been getting more and more into coffee lately, since I'm considering doing something in the coffee and I came across some interesting facts about COFFEE!!! :decaf:

1. Coffee was discovered by a herd of goats

Coffee was first discovered by a goat heard in Absinia while basking in the sun. The goats began to dance on their hind legs which led to the discovery of coffee lol

2. Light coffee beans have more caffeine than dark beans

This surprised me completely, I thought all this time the darker the berry the sweeter the juice lol. I guess I was wrong. The longer the bean cooks, the more caffeine is cooked out of the bean.

3. Coffee can reduce skin cancer

Coffee has shown to be reduce the risk of skin cancer by helping kill off damaged cells that could potentially turn into tumors.

4. The Boston Tea Party

Leading up to the american revolution in December 1773, The Boston Tea Party was the historical event that began the shift in America to a coffee drinking nation.

5. The first wholesale roasting company

The first wholesale roasting company in america started business in 1790. That same year, the first advertisement was published.

Yes, I know a bit random but it may be interesting to some. I was bored and felt like creating a post to give back to the forum! :)

Take Care. Have Fun. Drink up!:coffeemug: