Interview Questions: Any suggestions?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
The best employees I ever had were ones I picked. They didn't come to me I went to them. If I saw someone that had an out going personallity I would give them my card and have them call me if they were interested in interveiwing for a "cool" job. I had this girl in line once that had a fist full of apps. I asked her if she was too cool to work in a coffee shop because she hadn't asked me for an application..she said no that all she knew was retail and figured she had no chance at getting a job at a coffee shop...but she loved coffee and thats all that mattered...She worked out great!

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
Thanks, Topher... I am keeping an eye out for outgoing people as well. Its kind of funny, that I didn't advertise yet, I guess people are just googling my store. I got my web guy to do a quick online application so I can keep track of them.

I have to tell ya somthing a little funny. I have one app who works at Sbux. Nice guy. He came in and is very enthusiastic. He's looking for an environment that's not so corporate and where he can learn more. He currently hosts tastings and does barista training. He took a particular interest in our tea room. I told him, "Well, I haven't shown anyone this yet, but I'll show you..." I opened the crate to my Mirage. He says ,"OMG... I don't even know how to tamp!" :shock: My response, "That's OK, we can teach you."