Investigating Starting Up A Drive-Thru-Only Operation

evshaw3

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Start up costs?

Hi
Id like to chime in on your drive thru concept. I am 4-6 weeks away from taking the plunge with a double sided drive thru. We have been working on this for 2 years now, our first site fell apart in the middle of the lease agreement, and our 2nd site is going to happen. Let me run some figures your way of where todays cost are for us: lease= 1800 mo (5yr+10yr option), building=159k, traffic count 70k divided by 2 with $bucks just a 1/4 mile away on other side of road, we are on morning side? build out cost 80k. As you can see quite expensive. Id like some input from others on this as well. Our building is scheduled to arrive in 4 weeks. Realisticly we are looking for 500-650/day to stay ahead. Our plan is to do another in the original sought location and combined should survive this economic slowdown, remember we ARE selling drugs? Are prices are 10% less than $bucks. My wife will be full-time along with 3-4 other employees. I have been bombarded by freinds and foe that this is very risky right now, but I am not living the rest of my life reading these forums and doing nothing. I wish you and all on this forum the very best of luck in our quest to get a little piece of the pie from mean green :grin:

ABM

Mar 4, 2007
Atlanta
Visit site
Re: Start up costs?

evshaw3 said:
......I have been bombarded by freinds and foe that this is very risky right now, but I am not living the rest of my life reading these forums and doing nothing. I wish you and all on this forum the very best of luck in our quest to get a little piece of the pie from mean green :grin:

That is fantastic! GOOD FOR YOU! 8)

Please keep us posted as to how you fare with your endeavor.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
lighthouse coffee said:
...........................There is someone on this website who does this advice for a fee you might check on him..

Lighthouse Coffee, you offered some good advice, regarding super autos versus semi autos, but what website were you referring to at the end of your post???

Thanks.

nemo

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Im curious did you start the business and how did it go? I am thinking of doing the same thing. Same type of road situation, commute distance and distanse from the city.

Latest posts