I've got an idea-I'd like some input from the experts!

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
It's so funny that I am getting negative response from this question.

Wonder why if you don't buy a $5000 espresso machine, buy the latest, greatest "secret" green beans from new nanabaumba, end-o-the-earth on the forgotten continent for $100 a pound and roast them on your $50,000 Mongoliscious new-tech I-B-A-Jkas-S 1000 and grind them in your $10,000 Burr-cuz blade is trash-Grinder that you're not a REAL coffee conniseurer?

So anyone with an entreprenuerial spirit, hearing everyone whine about not making enough money, tries to figure out a way to ACTUALLY make money doing something their very interested in..........is a crackpot?

HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
That was a little Sassy, and Smart-Assy, wasn't it?
Sorry if I offended anyone.....................

nnnooooooooooooooooooooooottttt!

jpscoffee

Nov 3, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
ksbell said:
It's so funny that I am getting negative response from this question.

Wonder why if you don't buy a $5000 espresso machine, buy the latest, greatest "secret" green beans from new nanabaumba, end-o-the-earth on the forgotten continent for $100 a pound and roast them on your $50,000 Mongoliscious new-tech I-B-A-Jkas-S 1000 and grind them in your $10,000 Burr-cuz blade is trash-Grinder that you're not a REAL coffee conniseurer?

So anyone with an entreprenuerial spirit, hearing everyone whine about not making enough money, tries to figure out a way to ACTUALLY make money doing something their very interested in..........is a crackpot?

KSbell,
First, you asked a question. Then you rail on us for answering.
Second, this is a forum of people of whom some (or a lot) have experience. And when they give you a reply (politely I might add) you accuse them of not wanting competition.
Third, you don't think we have an entreprenuerial spirit?? What do you think I did 11 years ago when I quit MY day job, built out a place and put my house, my car, and my kids on the line??
and Fourth, I make a very good living, thank you!
Merry Christmas,
Crackpot

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
JPSCoffee.........that comment wasn't aimed at you. I liked your comments. I'm not a crackpot. It was aimed at the people who have been negative about his/her responses.

I am sorry you were offended by my comment. I was in a bad mood the day I wrote it.

Let me say it again, I am NOT a crackpot! I own my own business as we speak, so I know how to start and operate a business. We're in our 3rd year and are extremely successful.

I am always looking for ways to move out of this business and into something I am passionate about and I love my cafe' mocha! I was attempting to brainstorm outloud in a forum with others who would know more than I do. That is all!

jpscoffee

Nov 3, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I was not offended, but thank you.

I also like to brainstorm and come up with new ideas. I thought more about your idea and although at first glance it seems possible I think the logistics and reality of it make it a hard sell.

But, heck, everyone thought I was crazy 11 years ago starting a coffee bar. And my great satisfaction?...Taking their $3.75 for a grande mocha! That is why I signed my last post "Crackpot" (it was my signature, it wasn't directed at you). Because I was (and maybe still am) one :grin:

ksbell

Sep 19, 2004
Visit site
I, alone, couldn't sell enough to make much money. However, I could get 10 friends to sell and they could get 10 friends to sell and they could get 10 friends to sell.......... It would multiply exponentially!

I think some people are "coffee bar/house/shop" challenged. They don't know what they would like, so they don't go in to order. And, some servers in those places get extremely impatient when you ask what something is and how it tastes. It keeps people out. Also, the $3.75 for a Grande Mocha is a little much for some people to make. ALSO, you can't find a coffee shop open in my area after about 7:00 pm or on Sunday's... so, that is why a lot of people would buy a machine, some syrups and beans and make it themselves; i.e.---me! Also, I'd love to find someone from which to purchase quality fresh beans already roasted. The market is flooded with coffee shops making BAD espresso.......takes like the wooden stick they put in it to stir........why do they do that? I try to catch them ahead of time and tell them to leave it out. Honestly, I've only tried them 2 times and both times, I threw the coffee out! Or, it's made with cheap beans and the coffee tastes weak and muddy.

So, if I can put together a marketing plan, a supplier and a sales plan, I think in 2 years or less, I'll have a great new Direct Sales company going and be on the "cutting edge"!

Keep thinking, guys........I love brainstorming!

Kim

Latest posts