Jamacian blue Mountain coffe overated and to expensive?

FrankSalsille

Apr 25, 2009
Visit site
Just curious if anyone else out there has tried Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee and was disappointed?? Ive tried a few different brands, Reggies Roast , Jeremiahs Pick...etc and have always come away wondering what the big deal about this coffee is and why its so expensive?? It is a very mild and smooth coffee but IMO a bit bland and boring. Definitely not worth $50/lb. Please feel free to share your experiences good or bad with this coffee.
Thanks

jlyon10

Super Moderator
Feb 16, 2007
Clemmons, NC
Visit site
I have tried both roasting myself and drinking some Jamaica Blue Mt. roasted that I got from rocketfuel coffee. I do think it is better than Kona and I think that although it and Kona are very very good, they both are very expensive but I don't think they are overated.

JMZcoffeeFAN

Apr 27, 2009
Visit site
I have bought and tried Jamacian Blue Mountain as well as many others, and i as well think it is very overated. My search for the best coffee has stopped since i ran into JMZ Coffee Roastery. They have a store in Fort Smith, AR. Prices are averaged between $11-13 per pound. There KONA is AWESOME!! 100% Pure KONA Extra Fancy grade for only $30 per pound. They are still a small company from what i can tell. Small but with very superb coffee! They have a website but not completely finished yet. Its http://www.JMZcoffee.com, if you just want to order over the phone thats what my family that lives out of state do. Seems to work for them. I guess you will do anything for the best coffee or at least i will. O and the best thing about this Roastery is they dont stockpile their coffee!! I have personally walked in and Jimmy the Roastmaster just dumped the fresh coffee in the cooling bin of the roaster. MMMmMMMmMMMm nothing like fresh roasted coffee in the mornings!! Ahh well enough talk for now, back to work!! OO if anyone wants to put my opinion to the test give em a call and order some. 479-452-0181- JMZ Coffee Roastery tell em Matt sent ya! :eek:

C

coffeeloverlisa

You might want to cool it there Matt. This is a forum where we all roast and sell the best stuff in the world.

Take it outside.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Ha, could you imagine if everyone in this forum was as overly enthusiastic about their own brand of coffee? It would seem that we were all hopped up on way too much caffeine. LOL.

C

coffeeloverlisa

Let's hear it for those of us who do six cups a day!

Cheers my buddies!!!!!

xo

C

coffeeloverlisa

Back to the original topic, A fresh roasted JBM bean, freshly ground and brewed. Come on.

Orgasmic.

Look, I would say that JBMC, Kopi Luwak, St Helena Arabica perhaps Kona and 1 or two other coffees are fairly much in a world of their own- somewhat driven by quality, somewhat more by market (consumer) demnd and preferences.

Is a good JBMC worth the price say vs a Indonesian Papua arabica from Baliem/Wamena (that is actually JBMC root stock)... I would say IMHO no. I think we are on the cusp of discovering just how many fantastic coffees are out there not in the mainstream. I am fairly lucky being where I am and getting to try sooooo many.

... then again, perhaps I would not mind being in Jamaica also :wink:

C

coffeeloverlisa

In your list there is one coffee I would say there is one that does not belong, as I think it is all hype and no taste. and that one is... *drum roll please**********

kopi luwak

that cat's got no purrrrsonality for me