Jura Impressa E75 steam problem

mdelrossi

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I'm a newbee here, and with this machine (got it used).

When I put the selector to steam and select steam on the control panel the machine starts chugging and little drips of water come out.
Then it gets hotter(about10-20 sec) and some steam comes out. Not high velocity steam just a little.
When I turn the selector to close the tap, leave it for 10-20 secs,then turn the selector back to steam the
machine starts to chug a bit and then some good high velocity steam comes out for about 10 secs and then dies down.
Only when the high velocity steam comes out can it get any froth.
Is this unusual or am I not doing something right?

Another note I keep getting "Clean unit " message although I already did (boy was it dirty)
I'll be getting the replacement o-rings and the lube to replace the ones that are in there, I was getting the Malfunction 8 code and the brewgroup was sticking, I kinda got that fixed.

thanks in advance.
mdr

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Okay look on the door on the front side and see if there is a customer service number in there. Call them and tell them of your problem. They should send you a RA tag along with a shipping label. All you have to do is follow their instructions and box it up.

The last Jura I sent in cost me about $150. Its a flat rate fee and it goes up with the price of the machine. The reason to send it in simply is they will refurbish it. If anything is broken they replace it no matter what. There for awhile Capresso was even slapping a warranty on all over their Jura lines they rebuilt so I'm not sure if you'll get one or not. But it really is a deal you shouldn't pass up.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Have you tried soaking/cleaning the steam wand? Regardless of machine type, this is an often overlooked part of Preventive Maintenance.

As you may or may not know, machines such as this typically utilize thermoblocks that flash heat the water as it passes through and most of them usually have rather wet/underpowered steam. Later!