Kenya AA Coffee Review

ZackQi

Dec 5, 2017
Beijing
Visit site
Yesterday i surprisedly found a new package of the dark roasted Kenya AA in coffee shop where i am working for ....I brewed it by V60 but it had very terrible taste, no any acidities or fruity favors, either me or my coworker were willing to sip it again ... .i could not understand why our owner wants to purchase Kenya AA with dark roasted level...who are the hell going to order that one.
However next time i am going to ask our coffee bean supplier is it really Kenya AA ,why does it roasted by dark level...
Has anyone heard of Kenya AA roasted by dark level?

ZackQi

Dec 5, 2017
Beijing
Visit site
Hi,I am just curious about why roaster roasts Kenyan AA by dark level , what taste or flavor do they want it has? Is dark level roasted Kenya AA good for pour-over coffee?

ZackQi

Dec 5, 2017
Beijing
Visit site
Gracias por ayudarme...
Thank you for sharing your view with me.
Let me double check with our coffee bean supplier and figure out what exactly this specialty coffee bean is.

NateBenson

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
This is an excellent review, I also write a review, an essay, and a dissertation. Contact me and I'll be happy to help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

coffeefanatic232

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
I haven't been able to find a good Kenya AA coffee that's complex/smooth/fruity. They usually end up tasting too burned, flat, or one-dimensional. I suspect I'm not choosing the best beans. Anyone have a recommendation?

mercsnmarques

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,
Being from Kenya - long time coffee lover BUT jus getting started in the industry, I must say I'm humbled by the great reviews of our AA. I've also learnt in this thread about altitude, acidity, body and nuances as well as the roast qualities. Thank you all for the erudition.
In this and other places I've seen Kenyan coffee advertised, I notice that there's none from the Meru area, this is closer to Mt. Kenya than the Kirinyaga area and thus at higher altitude. I'm a native of this area and trying to grow the industry there by getting past the brokers and myriad of dealers to get the coffee to the markets, first in Nairobi, where I live - and sadly tea (another of our excellent crops) reigns supreme thanks to the Brits, and abroad, to better(high value markets).
Presently I'm still taking it all in; grading, roasting and all that. At the moment we, my cousin and I are not able to grade it ourselves as we are yet to get/set up the apparatus. The roasting we do by pan over a fire but of course to go to the market we must get it done in a uniform and desired manner. A roaster is in the worx in the not too distant future.
Thank you all for the education and pointers, I hope to get our coffee samples to you experts(like Alex/ensoluna and any other interested ) in the near future for your opinions and hopefully market orders.

BR
Steve

Sent from my Infinix-X600 using Tapatalk

mercsnmarques

Sep 23, 2017
Visit site
I love kenya coffee, actually it is my very favorite coffee of all time, but where I live, it is very tough to get them.
well.... many experts rated Kenya coffee as #2 best coffee in the world which I also agree.
what do you do in Kenya? are you in Kenya coffee industry? by reading your post, it seems like you are trying to sell Kenyan coffee to overseas market?

Hello Bic
I'm an automotive technician by trade but I'm a coffee fan. Would like to employ my skills in the processing of it by servicing, fabricating and repairing the machines used. Already I've started investing in used coffee makers from UK that I service and use - done three so far. Looking into getting a roaster and others next.
Yes, I wish to market it overseas, where the larger market is and make more money of course. Where are you from?