La Pavoni CELLINI

Joe_080

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Anyone own a La Pavoni CELLINI?

I know they are a good brand, but I''d like some feedback before I buy. Anyone?

I appreciate it!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Funy you ask! Awhile back I was in love with the look of that machine and was desperately trying to find one in red. It has a very unique design and some nice features, especially the pressure gauges and it also uses a 3-way solenoid valve to relieve pressure after brewing. However, there are a few things I don't like about. Small water tank (40 oz.), which sounds like alot, but once you do preheating/cleaning flushes it runs out fast. Another thing I don't care for is the funky steaming/frothing attachment. A bare tip wand is the best way to go with any machine. All those attachments do is add air and create huge bubbles in the milk. Judging by pics the portafilter looks to be on the cheaper side. I know alot of LaPavoni's home machines use a pressurized portafilter, but I'm not sure if the Cellini does. Another thing is that it uses 60mm baskets. I've never seen any aftermarket tampers in that size, so you may have to stick with what they send you and factory tampers are usually junk. Let us know if you buy one. All in all it will probably be a good all around machine. Later!

raimo_81

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Just brought one in to the shop to get fixed and should begin using it soon. The portafilter is non-pressurized and of great quality in fact. Has a great feel and weight to it, but it is indeed oversized and aftermarket parts are near inexistant. However, pretty sure a 58mm tamper will work fine. I can follow up if anyone is still interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

raimo_81

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Following up for anyone trying this machine out. Been using it for a few weeks and the espresso I have pulled using fresh, locally roasted, beans that I grind with a lelit pl041 espresso grinder, on demand...are just fantastic. Better than a lot of cafés I've been to. Making great lattés is a struggle tho with the pannarello steam wand. I've seen some videos of ppl achieving microfoam without the outer pannarello sleeve and have tried but the results are occasionally good, mostly hit and miss. The machine is great for a single boiler, comes up to temp quickly and has pressure and temperature gauges that help keep things consistent. Small water tank tho, annoying to refill. Love the look of it. Portafilter feels great and is probably oversized but did a standard 58mm basket, may have to try a few out. Has anyone tried to upgrade the steam wand? Are there any compatible regular steam wands out there?