Looking for a partner or an investor interested in a coffee shop startup

F7ank

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Frank a Nigerian (I know this is a red flag for most people while discussing a sensitive issue such as money. I have to do this anyways).

I've had this idea I've been working on since my first year on campus to open a mobile pop-up coffee shop on campus (not new to westeners) but down here the idea seems very crazy since most people, Africans especially don't have a strong coffee culture (used to instant coffee here). I was moved nonetheless, to do this against the odds because on that cold morning, I paused and pondered who wouldn't cherish a good cup of coffee to kick-start their day and since campus is where you need to always be ontop of your game (eureka! This is it), then and there I saw a way I could better help the university community by helping them achieve more out of life with a strong and healthy cup of coffee.

This is something I believe will make a huge impact beyond just coffee, something that has had me dreaming and working since the first day I had this idea. Now I'm in my third year in school and I still feel the same way; even more passionate.

I have done my homework, feasibility study, market research, prepared a pitch (pitched a few times on entrepreneural events on campus), have a good business plan, a verified Google My Business listing, bought a domain name, been saving myself and have everything figured out so far. I'm looking for a partner or an investor who's willing to pool in some money to help me startup; capital to purchase equipment such as an espresso machine and a grinder as these machines are very pricy and my savings can't cover them all at the moment.

If this sounds cool to you, I'm prepared to provide more information, share business plans and my pitch deck with you and any other information you might need.

PS: I'm looking to raise around $3,000 to cover mostly brewing kits (an espresso machine, a grinder, pictcher et all).

Thank you.​

Attachments

• upload.png
    upload.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Juli

Aug 4, 2020
Visit site
What is the payback period for the coffee shop? You must understand that an investor will not just come to you with a suitcase of money if you do not offer him a good business plan. For a general idea of how much you will need to spend, you can take a look at the Restaurant Financial Model Excel Template https://finmodelslab.com/templates/restaurant-financial-model/ . This will help you collect all the costs and calculate the payback and profit time.

Last edited:

F7ank

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
What is the payback period for the coffee shop? You must understand that an investor will not just come to you with a suitcase of money if you do not offer him a good business plan. For a general idea of how much you will need to spend, you can take a look at the Restaurant Financial Model Excel Template https://finmodelslab.com/templates/restaurant-financial-model/ . This will help you collect all the costs and calculate the payback and profit time.

Hi Juli,

Apologies for the late response really haven't been that active around here lately as we're still fundraising.

Here I pretty much have everything done. Business plan, financials and deck since we've been pitching for sometime now.

I'm happy to send you a copy over if you want to take a look.

PS: for the payback period, it's a long term investment we're basically looking for since we're playing a long game and only looking to raise money to build chain of stores after our first prototype. So we're thinking either a buy back of shares from initial investors or an exit from a M&A

F7ank

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Do you have a proper business plan?! I mean, in case you are looking for a proper investor, that would actually invest his own money into your idea, you have to elaborate a really great business plan, and show him all the benefits and all the downsides of this idea. I would actually be interested in such an idea, however I do not have any money right now to invest. I used to invest a lot in property actually. And you know what, I do not regret it, as the company that helped me in it was 1301 dst investments, and they do really know their job, and have a great experience.

Hello there,

We do have a well detailed pitch deck and business plan outlining out we plan to launch and grow the business.

We've been actively seeking investment since last year and have made a couple of pitch to investors but most turn out to be geo focused which is to our disadvantage because we're based in Nigeria.

Thank you for expressing interest. We'd appreciate if you can point us to anyone we can talk to within your circle.

Frank.