Looking for help reviewing our coffee.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
sorry for getting back to you late.

Actually I did the testing. I made Vietnam style coffee with 4scoffee & Colombian from Encore.
at the end, the tastes are very similar because it is extremely sweet and too much of thick condensed milk flavor.
however, I had to use a lot more coffee (about 40% more coffee) for Colombian compared to robusta in order to make it similar flavor.
If I use same amount of coffee vs water vs condensed milk vs sweetener ratios, then, Colombia Vietnam style coffee become too week and all you taste is sweet milk drink.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
sorry for getting back to you late.

Actually I did the testing. I made Vietnam style coffee with 4scoffee & Colombian from Encore.
at the end, the tastes are very similar because it is extremely sweet and too much of thick condensed milk flavor.
however, I had to use a lot more coffee (about 40% more coffee) for Colombian compared to robusta in order to make it similar flavor.
If I use same amount of coffee vs water vs condensed milk vs sweetener ratios, then, Colombia Vietnam style coffee become too week and all you taste is sweet milk drink.

That's kind of what I thought might be the case. Glad you're thorough in your testing. Many would just test for their own preference.

4scoffee

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks you very much for your thoughtful review Alex.
Honestly, we do try to improve to reach the American's market so it is very important to us that the quality and the coffee profile is suitable for American people. I'm working with my facility to try our best to develop a better taste. I have asked and find out that the Moka Arabica that we used is grown in Vietnam and it is not the same as you have showed me the image. But it is Moka Arabica, just a different type I suppose. I will definitely go and check out some real Moka Beans here and give a compare since it is a big matter.
We are looking forward for more tester and more reviews if anyone is interested.
Thanks you very much!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
4scoffee, are you here in USA? I believe that you live in Portland?
are you importing Vietnam coffee beans (I suppose that you are importing already "roasted coffee"?) directly from Vietnam and trying to sell into USA market?
is that why you are doing the research?

please let us know exactly what you are doing and your business plans.
Perhaps I or other members can give you some advises and be able to help you more.

thank you
PS: if you want, please check out our company website. ENSOLUNA We source out Specialty green coffee from Guatemala and export to different countries, such as USA, Korea, Taiwan, Australia...etc But only green beans, never roasted beans because serious coffee buyers only import green beans.
also, if you have some questions that can not be posted here, you can email me at [email protected] You seems like a very nice person and I would love to communicate and be able to help you as much as I can.

4scoffee

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
You are correct!
I live here in the USA (portland, OR). I do want to import coffee from Vietnam (roasted coffee) and sell into USA market.
My company 4S coffee is already in the Vietnamese market and we are looking to expanding it oversea. We already have a small distributor in Russia and China. However, in the US, me and my team is the only one who is working.
We are on the very first step which is trying to get as much feedback and review to see how is our coffee in American's eyes. Our main 3 products is the Drip Coffee, Whole beans and K-cup.
Currently I'm working on the business plan since I do have a lot of research I have to complete before even "launch" it.

I really appreciate any advises from anyone.

Last edited:

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
thanks for reply.
honestly speaking, it would be extremely difficult to distribute Vietnam roasted beans in USA, EXCEPT possibly selling to Vietnam restaurants or cafes.
I am very well aware of China & Russia buying Vietnam coffee, specially, China is biggest market for Vietnam coffee. However, China and Russia are mostly well known for TEA drinkers and coffee market is rather small and their specialty coffee cultures have not developed yet.

anyway, hopefully other members will give you some other advises.
good luck to you.
thanks