Looking for new 5KG Roaster

MNOT

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, I am based in London UK, and I'm looking to start roasting my own coffee at a larger scale. I have decided on getting a 5KG roaster and my budget range is USD $8,000-15,000. Can anyone recommend any roasters in this range? Any experience you've had with these roasters, and or pros and cons would be super appreciated. Many thanks, Muaz

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
U.S. Roaster Corps in Oklahoma City ships world wide and has one of the best roasters made. Expat is in Ireland and it might be worthwhile to contact him as he is thinking of getting a larger roaster and his current one might be for sale

GarantiRoaster

Sep 22, 2008
Izmir - Turkey
Visit site
Hi All, I am based in London UK, and I'm looking to start roasting my own coffee at a larger scale. I have decided on getting a 5KG roaster and my budget range is USD $8,000-15,000. Can anyone recommend any roasters in this range? Any experience you've had with these roasters, and or pros and cons would be super appreciated. Many thanks, Muaz

Hi Muaz,

If you are interested in Garanti Roaster, please send a message from PM.

Regards,
Garanti Roaster Team

sae

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The first thing you should check is which certifications you need so that your gas company will hook up the roaster. It might have to be CE or some other rating. Check that first!

MNOT

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi All, thanks for the comments and PMs. I am a lot closer to finding a roaster and will be testing our a few over the next couple of weeks. Will def post here once I have nailed down "the one". Thanks again, Muaz

Music_Geek

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
We bought a 5 Kilo USRC and have no complaints with the roaster or the manufacturer, but I do think that if I were trying to stay in the price range you mention, I'd be looking at Chinese roasters and getting backups for a few common parts. We found it utterly impossible to find a used 5 Kilo machine that met our quality and price requirements. New in the states would be toward the top of your budget, or above it, before shipping, etc.

MNOT

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks all, we have decided to go with a diedrich. We have also now decided to get a sample roasting with a variable speed drum, however will put up a separate thread for that. Thanks again for all the helpful comments and PMs!