Mocha Syrups

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
Torani is all I use. What do you want to know?...And mikefly...You do know that Hersheys comes in a 7lb container for about 6.00. There's your savings.

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
How would you rank it with Gheradelli's, DaVincci's, Mt. Blancs, Hershey's, etc. Why did you choose Torani's over the other brands. 8)

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
I don't know anything about Mt. Blanc's. It's probably a preference. I love Gharadelli, on a personal level, but Torani to me delivers an authentic taste. If it's caramel, that's exactly what it tastes like. If it's coconut...same thing. Torani people are easy to deal with and very helpful. They gave me specific people to talk to, and were very helpful. The sauces are great. The other flavor companies flavor profiles taste buggy or have a big aftertaste to me. I don't like that. Also, the showcase on the bottle is a really big seller. Presentation is everything. Customers are wowed by them! The bottles are super colorful, fun, and the flavors are great! (in my opinion) I still feel Torani needs to work on their fruzia. A little too sweet for a quality product, but they are trying. Fruzia is a fruit puree, with real fruit, and a little messy to deal with. But in order to be a coffee and smoothie shop, you need to be more than just jet tea. It is tea. We're still trying to find a reputable fruit smoothie base.
and just to touch on the mikefly comment, I guess I am a little in the dark, I don't get your comment. Like I said in the beginning. It's probably preference. Coffee always tastes better at home than it does anywhere else, so get a bottle of something and try it out.

mikefly

Jul 22, 2005
Visit site
sorry we have a coffee house and all we use is monin think it has a beter flavor and there line of O'free syrups are out of this world and our customers love them....dont get me wrong but between tv and $bucks i think people just run right out and get toroni with out trying any other syrups good syrup just in my HO its not the best for comercial use

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
I would agree with you, monin is good too. It's just preference. It's that simple. I also have to disagree to an extent, because I am from the midwest, and where I am from, you can't buy syrups in stores, and it's not on the television. So, it's not a matter of just going out and picking up a bottle. It's really not much different from the chocolate matter. :wink: