Mr Cofee FX25-1 problem

Anuraagii

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
This is the newest Mr. Coffee I think. It's the one with the round clock with hands and the machine is taller than the older models.

Every time we brew coffee somehow ends up going directly to the warming plate. I'd like to think I am of average intelligence so I've ruled out the "too much cofee in the filter basket, the pot appears to be seated properly, I don't ever use the "pause & pour option" and there are no kids in this house to mess with it. It does it no matter who makes the coffee and no matter how many cups are made.

Any ideas? :?

mpkelley20

Sep 24, 2004
Visit site
I bought this machine a while ago and, although I didn't have the problem you are having, it made terrible coffee. I think something was wrong with the water heater as it never got the coffee hot enough. At best, the coffee came out "warm" which mae the coffee very bitter. Sometime, it was completely undrinkable. I finally made a switch to a Bodum vacuum brewer which I am very happy with.

Here is a link to some other people's opinions on your machine. It appears that it is not well rated at all. If it is within your return period, maybe you should consider doing so. Good luck!

http://www.epinions.com/Mr_Coffee_Coffee_Maker_FTX25

Anuraagii

Apr 23, 2005
Visit site
Thank you so much for the eopions site. I didn't know about it. In the meantime Mr.Coffee is sending me another filter basket at no charge, so I suspect they know they problem exists..no surprise there..like most manufactureres these days.

H :)