Need Advice- Stupid to compete with Starbucks?

Agreed...either way- 7 years in a warehouse in Medan...or 7 years at a storage facility in the US...its too long for a Sumatran to be aged. Probably not too many of you have been to Medan. Its a stinking hot port city, polluted as hell...I try and avoid buying any greens via there. The more well known aged greens from Indonesia come from parts of Java. Cooler tempertures, less humidity, good natural wind ventalation. To be honest, you wont get that in many parts of Sumatra...I am not sure about warehousing in Seattle, or Kent,Washington or York, PA!

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Some people use the same tea bag 10 times.
It doesnt mean its a great tea.
They like it!!
see thats the thing about a world with 6 billion people youll find someone who likes anything.
Those fetish clubs prove just that.

Hehehe....a 7 year old sumatran would be like one of those fetish clubs then....a foot fetish club....except the foot in question is in an old mouldy sock!!!! Agreed some people like that kind of thing...but me smells an attempt to move a pile of old beans under the guise of "super specialty coffee". BTW Chris, do you know if its being sold in OZ...from several PM's I've had it seems that SB's is selling this particular "Black Apron" only in the US.

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Alun i never go in there.
They stink as i walk by.
The stench coming from within is of burnt coffee.
Ill buy a gas mask and pop in next time.

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Boy all of this talk makes me want to go wash my feet :twisted: No maybe go have a cup of some good old...aged...coffee :shock: But then again, I must go build myself a new marketing plan and gauge it around something I don't need, repackage it and sell it for a higher profit...Holly $@*%...Sorry I was only dreaming :twisted:

Chris Kay

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Alun, i popped into
StarBucks today and had a look around for aged Sumatran.

What i found was all the coffee was aged but there was no aged Sumatran.

Worse still was a coffee bean and tea leaf franchise.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I am off to buy furniture today..oh joy...more like my wife is going to pick out furniture and I am getting dragged along. :cry: I will stop in to a starbucks and check out some of this aged Sumatra. Hopefully will have report by tomorrow. :wink:

Hey guys, don't go too far out of your way on this one, I am just very keen to know what a 7 year old sumatran bean would taste like. I was looking at a Starbucks Supply document which certainly does not support the theory that this bean was purchased 7 years ago and warehoused in the USA on purpose...which leads me to think that they must have either a/. purchased it from a broker here...or as Chrs joked...b/. found some inventory that they did not know they had and decided to make the best of it!

jpscoffee

Nov 3, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Speaking of aged coffees...Does anyone here know where I could find some Aged Old Goverment Java? I had it years ago (I think from Boston Stoker) and it was incredible. I kid you not, it was like you had just smoked a cigar. It was probably about the most enjoyable unique coffee I ever had.

Thanks

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
I found a starbucks with some Aged Sumatra, they are marketing it decently within their stores. it was $13 per 1/2 pound and looks like they were selling out quickly.

I want to hear all of your reviews before I buy some for myself.

Latest posts