Need Help Revamping Our 20yr Old Diedrich Roaster

I'm thinking something like this...
77562fc8a41e5ea14b50537d18c2a679.jpg

I'd make a removable plate to access all the workings. The main power switch is in the rear and seems smarter to have it on the side.
5e3f303d889299e591a0d241726b4a8a.jpg

Last edited:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Take this for what it's worth...

Unless you have a real strong reason for adding any sensors beyond the bean mass probe, I'd suggest waiting on that 'til you know you need it. I've never seen the reason for it. You can get up and running, learn the machine and add it later if/when you think it'll help.

Take this for what it's worth...

Unless you have a real strong reason for adding any sensors beyond the bean mass probe, I'd suggest waiting on that 'til you know you need it. I've never seen the reason for it. You can get up and running, learn the machine and add it later if/when you think it'll help.

No strong reason, just trying to setup for success. However I appreciate your insight and agree with your logic. What do you think about the gauge for gas pressure? That seems like it would cut significantly down on setting the proper temp fast as you would see the gas pressure and know the corresponding operating temp. Make sense?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
The gas gauge is a must - otherwise you're guessing. All my profiles use time and gas pressure. Using only temps is also a guessing game since you don't know precisely how much heat you're actually adding or subracting.