New grinder to replace my Baratza Virtuoso +

ovfitbob

Jan 11, 2021
Tucson
Visit site
I've been happy with my Virtuoso plus for four years but wanted to send it in to Baratza for a rebuild, however they aren't responding to phone calls or emails and I am reluctant to send it in if there's no customer service.
Perhaps this is all a result from post- pandemic.
My budget is about $250-$300. I'm willing to buy another one, however I'm concerned if it needs repairs, It will be a long delay.
I've heard some good things about the Breville Smart Grinder Pro, but will welcome any other recommendations from the forum.

Thanks

ovfitbob

Jan 11, 2021
Tucson
Visit site
I did finally get a reply from Baratza regarding the rebuild program. They also have an option for replacing the burr. I'm not sure if it needs to be replaced though.. I've had the grinder for four years and not sure how much degradation there is after four years on the burr but maybe better replace it anyway.

gdh

Nov 6, 2023
Canada
Visit site
I did finally get a reply from Baratza regarding the rebuild program. They also have an option for replacing the burr. I'm not sure if it needs to be replaced though.. I've had the grinder for four years and not sure how much degradation there is after four years on the burr but maybe better replace it anyway.
What did you decide and are you happy with the results?