New to forum and introducing new product!!!

JavaGripper

New member
Sep 22, 2008
8
0
Hello all,

My name is Alan and I''m new to the forum. I work with a company based in Los Angeles called Studio H2O. We recently launched our new product, the \"Gripper Sleeve\" at Coffee Fest Seattle on September 12, 2008. We are very excited to announce that the \"Gripper Sleeve\" won second place for best new product at Coffee Fest.

This innovative paper sleeve is made of one sheet of paper which folds into the shape of a traditional glued paper sleeve. Since our product uses no glue, it costs about half as much as traditional sleeves such as \"Java Jacket\", \"Coffee Clutch\", and others like them. An added benefit of this is that the \"Gripper Sleeve\" is 100% recycleable and compostable, hence our tagline \"Be green, save green\".

Please visit our website at www.GripperSleeve.com for additional information including product photos and our latest press release.

We are excited to announce our first promotion of a 40 case minimum (1000 units per case) at the amazing price of 3 cents per unit or $30 per case. This includes full color custom printing with your company''s logo and graphics!

We would love your feedback and would be happy to answer any questions that you have.
 

caffe biscotto

New member
Jan 18, 2008
704
0
MASS.
There's much to like about this item... you've described your product well.
But I think that a 40,000 unit min. is quite too high for coffee shops, considering that not everyone will use them and that the true green people would bring in their own to reuse anyway.
That's my "3 cents", heh.
 
OP
J

JavaGripper

New member
Sep 22, 2008
8
0
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #3
caffe biscotto said:
There's much to like about this item... you've described your product well.
But I think that a 40,000 unit min. is quite too high for coffee shops, considering that not everyone will use them and that the true green people would bring in their own to reuse anyway.
That's my "3 cents", heh.

Thanx for the input! The reason we are doing a 40,000 unit minimum is to be able to achieve the current price point we have set of 3 cents per unit. This price is significantly lower than a traditional coffee sleeve.

KEEP IN MIND, we are offering these sleeves with full-color custom graphics. Having the coffee shop's logo on the sleeve is a big plus. Also, in it's packaging, our sleeves take up approximately 30% less space than the traditional sleeve. Traditional sleeve are packing a lot of wasted air.

As far as reusing coffee sleeves...if we all would do that the world would be a far better place!
 

caffe biscotto

New member
Jan 18, 2008
704
0
MASS.
Yes, because the 3 cents per unit includes custom graphics, it's a good deal for sure.

One of your competitors that you mentioned, sells online at minimums of one case of 1300 for $53, making them 4 cents each. Granted, this price does not include custom printing or one time set up fees (printing plates, art work, etc). However, when you buy 40,000 units of anything, the price per unit always goes way down.

Your product is very nicely made, just wish you had a lower minimum for small businesses, say 10,000.
 
OP
J

JavaGripper

New member
Sep 22, 2008
8
0
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #5
Thanx again for the input. I agree that 40,000 units may be a bit much for smaller businesses. But competitors also require you to purchase a similar amount if you get custom printing...just at a higher price than we do. The big advantage here is saving money while having the custom sleeves.
 

Josh

New member
Sep 17, 2008
34
0
I’ve been looking into custom coffee sleeves for my business and the minimum order is one of the largest concerns I have.
Mainly, where do I even put 40 cases of sleeves, do I really want to spend that much all at one time (especially as a business that is just about to open).

I am trying to find a sleeve company that makes them useable for not only paper cups, but for larger diameter plastic cups too.
This helps allot of advertising and brand recognition.
 

Davec

New member
Oct 18, 2006
314
0
Old England (UK)
JavaGripper said:
KEEP IN MIND, we are offering these sleeves with full-color custom graphics. Having the coffee shop's logo on the sleeve is a big plus.

An off the wall idea for all, get branded cups, lids, or possibly stirrers, because the sleeves to get slipped off once the coffee is cool enough (I have watched people do this, I suppose they do because it's annoying)....Possibly this idea that's been tried, but perhaps other companies could advertise on the sleeves, this subsidises the cost of the sleeves, the cup/lid/Stirrer has the branding of the Coffee Shop etc..and other non competitive industries are advertising on the sleeve, perhaps with special offers and vouchers incorporated on them....e.g. Sears, Wallmart, Texaco, restaurants, swimming etc..or even a lucky number draw...win prizes

These vouchers might also encourage people to use my shop rather than a competitors who doesn't use those same sleeves.
 
OP
J

JavaGripper

New member
Sep 22, 2008
8
0
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #8
Josh said:
I’ve been looking into custom coffee sleeves for my business and the minimum order is one of the largest concerns I have.
Mainly, where do I even put 40 cases of sleeves, do I really want to spend that much all at one time (especially as a business that is just about to open).

I am trying to find a sleeve company that makes them useable for not only paper cups, but for larger diameter plastic cups too.
This helps allot of advertising and brand recognition.

As far as storage of the sleeves, we have addressed that now. We can ship the sleeves to you in two parts. We will store half of them for you and send the rest when you are ready. But you would still need to order the whole amount.

Again, the advantage here is that you will have a unique product with your logo right on it for far cheaper than any other type of sleeve.
 
OP
J

JavaGripper

New member
Sep 22, 2008
8
0
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #9
Davec said:
JavaGripper said:
KEEP IN MIND, we are offering these sleeves with full-color custom graphics. Having the coffee shop's logo on the sleeve is a big plus.

An off the wall idea for all, get branded cups, lids, or possibly stirrers, because the sleeves to get slipped off once the coffee is cool enough (I have watched people do this, I suppose they do because it's annoying)....Possibly this idea that's been tried, but perhaps other companies could advertise on the sleeves, this subsidises the cost of the sleeves, the cup/lid/Stirrer has the branding of the Coffee Shop etc..and other non competitive industries are advertising on the sleeve, perhaps with special offers and vouchers incorporated on them....e.g. Sears, Wallmart, Texaco, restaurants, swimming etc..or even a lucky number draw...win prizes

These vouchers might also encourage people to use my shop rather than a competitors who doesn't use those same sleeves.

We feel that having sleeves with your own logo on it is far better than having the advertising of a major corporation. Typically if you get these sleeves with advertising on them, someone from the sleeve company will come to your store and track your customer type for their market research. I don't know too much about that, but that is what I have heard that they do.

Again, for a coffee shop that is projecting a certain image, we feel that our type of sleeve is best. Nobody else offers what we are for this price.
3 cents per sleeve with custom graphics, and it's a unique product that is better for the environment than the traditional sleeve
 

Josh

New member
Sep 17, 2008
34
0
Have you tested these sleeves with standard plastic cups? 12-20oz? it would be a HUGE advantage for any small shop to be able to put them on all of their cups. Even if they are a little tight :)
 
OP
J

JavaGripper

New member
Sep 22, 2008
8
0
  • Thread Starter
  • Thread starter
  • #11
Josh said:
Have you tested these sleeves with standard plastic cups? 12-20oz? it would be a HUGE advantage for any small shop to be able to put them on all of their cups. Even if they are a little tight :)

No actually we haven't tested them with plastic cups...but I will go out and do that today!

They were designed for paper cups, but it may work. I'd be happy to send you a sample. :D
 
Top