Not sure how you guys do it..

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Mr. Biscotto,

I hear that a lot of the coffee shops in my area fired up their smoothie machines and they also started serving a lot of iced coffees, etc. this weekend. Usually the demand for iced drinks starts in the middle of May.

It seems that many of us along the East Coast had a mild winter. I was very disappointed that we didn't get much snow in the Pennsylvania/New Jersey area this year. Last year was mild too.

Many of my friends are making plans to move down South when they retire. I'm thinking of moving up North when my time comes. (which will be a long time from now)

Rose

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Howdydoody Ms. Rose,

You're not kidding. I think all of Greenland might be a tropical oasis by the time I retire.
It's already starting to thaw out there. Maybe it will soon live up to it's name. :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello,

Luckily, I don't have to worry about a beard being uncomfortable in the hot weather, that is, unless I'm smooching someone who has one!

It was in the low 70's in the Philadelphia/Jersey Shore area this past weekend, and from what I'm hearing, a lot of places sold tons of iced coffee drinks, iced teas, smoothies, etc.

It's amazing to see how some people start out having a hard time paying the price of a hot coffee drink, but they'll willingly pay extra if it's put "over ice."

Rose

iampatches13

May 16, 2008
Maine
Visit site
I was thinking the very same thing Rose. People seem to be much more willing to beat the heat with that quick fix than to ward off the cold (at least in places you can actually see the season change).

And the beard tickling is one of the many reasons I keep mine, year round.
It breaths nicely in the summer and keeps the warmth in the winter.
Plus I get a place to store food for later sometimes, as well as a perma-bib for when I'm a little clumsy.

Theres more of course, but I think I have used up my allotment of non coffee speak for the day.

:D