Ozturk Roasters

green beans

Jan 30, 2007
Northeast
Visit site
Has anyone here heard and/or know anything about the Ozturk Roasters? They have been all over ebay for the last week or so and I have never heard of them nor can I find any info. really.

Thanks

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
I believe they are a low line version of the Toper(not for sure though). They are sold in the US by Delaware City Coffee Co. However I did not find the OzTurk on there regular website. Delaware has been around for a while, however I have not had any business with them. I do know some reputable roasters that have. Sorry I dont have more on them than that, but I am sure someone else will chime in soon. Cheers..........

Toper

Dec 23, 2005
izmir / Turkey
Visit site
Dear sir / madam,

Toper is an uniqe brand and does not have any relation with Ozturk roasters nor Ozturk roasters is not our low line. For long years we are in roaster manufacturing business and we have proven our quality.

Toper Co. Ltd.

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
My apologies, I was not sure (as I stated) and in no way meant any harm. To all those at Toper please except my apologies. This brings us back to, who is OzTurk and does anyone have ANY info on them? I only assumed that "Delaware City" was exclusive to the "Toper" line only, in the US, and since they were advertising the Ozturk, that they were part of the "Toper" roasting Co. Again sorry for the misunderstanding.

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
Toper makes excellent equipment. Like most of the coffee roasters in the world, they are hand crafted in Turkey. Even some U.S. roaster companies start with machines that were crafted in Turkey and add their own controls.

By the way, if you have never visited Turkey, it should be a "must see" on your list of places to visit in your lifetime...sooner than later. It is a fabulous country that is very tourist friendly. Rich with history and beauty beyond belief, Turkey (Turkiye) has to be the nicest country I've ever visited. And I've been to a lot of places on this planet. They claim that Iran/Iraq was the "cradle of civilization" - but I'm convinced that the Garden of Eden was in Turkiye! But I digress...

Ozturk has been in business for over 60 years and makes a pretty good roaster. They are located in the city of Izmir (the ancient city of Smyrna), known as the "Pearl of the Aegean". It is one of the most progressive cities in Turkey and, for you Biblical scholars, is on the edge of the ancient city of Ephesus (see Paul's Letter to the Ephesians). Izmir is located on the western coast of Turkey.

I can't compare the quality of Ozturk and Toper, or Ozturk and U.S. roasters, but considering that for the better part of the last 100 years, all coffee roasters began life in Turkey must be worth something. That and the sense of pride that representatives of Toper and Ozturk take in their company and product will give you a genuine understanding of why Turkey is likely to embody the future of the middle east in terms of technology, trade and tourism.

Probably more than you wanted to know about Turkey and roasters, probably not enough about Ozturk. But I suspect if you called their factory directly, you'd find that Ozturk has been supplying roaster "bodies" to U.S. manufacturers for years. It's like GM assembling cars in Mexico, but shipping them to Detroit to install the engine.

I seriously think my next roaster will be an Ozturk, if not a Toper. I only wish I had the forethought to contact them to be a distributor a long time ago!

-BG