Ozturkbay - OKS30 Roaster Problems

lavaloha.hawaii

Sep 21, 2023
Hilo, Hawaii
Visit site
I purchased an OKS30 recently and had it installed professionally. However, I went to roast my first batch (20lbs) of coffee and the beans were falling out, rather quickly, of the drum and overfilling the pull out bar at the side of the roaster. So many beans fell out that it piled up in the corner of the encasement and started a small fire due to the pile spilling over near the flames. It's level and anchored, I've used it once or twice before this at a different location before purchasing it and I didn't have this problem. I've reached out to info@ozturkbay and on their IG but haven't received an answer. I don't want to burn down my production site and would appreciate any and all help!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Sounds like your gap between the drum and the face plate is too wide. They should have given you a tool that is in the shape of a question mark. You can move the drum forward or back. The trick is to do it when it is really hot, If not when the roaster heats up the metal will expand and start rubbing.
here is a video. Let us know how it works out.

lavaloha.hawaii

Sep 21, 2023
Hilo, Hawaii
Visit site
Sounds like your gap between the drum and the face plate is too wide. They should have given you a tool that is in the shape of a question mark. You can move the drum forward or back. The trick is to do it when it is really hot, If not when the roaster heats up the metal will expand and start rubbing.
here is a video. Let us know how it works out.
Thanks! I adjusted it, and it's perfect! This was my first go with a coffee roaster like this. I've only ever used an open-face drum roaster for chocolate so I'm extremely fresh and naive with it.