PR: Heather Perry of Coffee Klatch Roasting to Represent USA

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
SAN DIMAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Heather Perry from Coffee Klatch Roasting of San Dimas, California, has won the Specialty Coffee Association of America's 2007 United States Barista Championship.

The United States Barista Championship is an annual coffee competition where 50 of the best baristas from around the country are judged on their technical coffee-making ability, presentation style and the taste of the espresso, cappuccinos and original "signature" specialty beverages they create.

"There was a lot of tough competition at this year's event," says Perry. "After months of long nights and weekend practice sessions making espresso at Coffee Klatch, I'm really excited to see that my coffee creations are receiving national recognition."

As winner of the 2007 national competition, Ms. Perry advances to represent the United States against competitors from 39 countries at the World Barista Championship in Tokyo, Japan this July 31st through August 2nd.

"In addition to her impressive barista skills, I was struck by the obvious passion she demonstrated for her craft," comments SCAA spokesperson Rick Havacko.

Ms. Perry was formerly the United States Barista Champion in 2003 and is presently Ultimate Barista USA for the Ultimate Barista Challenge international league.

About the SCAA

Based in Long Beach, California, the Specialty Coffee Association of America is the world's largest coffee trade association, with over 3,000 member companies. SCAA members are located in more than 40 countries and represent every segment of the specialty coffee industry, including coffee growers, coffee roasters and retailers. Additional information about the Specialty Coffee Association of America and its services are available online at: www.scaa.org .

About Coffee Klatch Roasting

Founded in 1993, Coffee Klatch Roasting operates coffee shops in Southern California and a specialty coffee roasting business in San Dimas. In addition to numerous awards for the achievements of Heather Perry, Coffee Klatch Roasting has been recognized as serving the "Best Espresso in America" by the Los Angeles Times. For more information, visit the Coffee Klatch website at www.klatchroasting.com .