Renting A Machine

garyscottadamson

Apr 8, 2007
UK
Visit site
After many years of lovign coffee, I've decided to take the plunge and open my own shop. I'd be looking to use a gaggia or illy machine.

I've heard there are deals whereby if you commit to using a certain brand of coffee e.g. lavazza or illy, that they will rent to you cheaply or free of charge a commercial machine, as long as you use their coffee and cups ect.

Do you guys know anything about this? Who would I contact?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
That might be a cheaper option, but I wouldn't lock into a contract having to use a specific bean supplier and not being able to use others as there are so many options available. Sure wouldn't use Lavazza or Illy as it will probably be stale by the time it reaches you depending on your location. Later!

jamesjonson143

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The Gaggia for Illy Plus espresso machine has a four-part Mavea Water Filter prevents scale and mineral build-up. This filtration system controls water hardness and impurity.

Available in a variety of coffee roasts, the Gaggia 105399 Illy Plus is compatible with illy's iPerespresso single serve espresso capsules.

coffeelogicuk

Nov 26, 2010
Herts
Visit site
Hi,

Where abouts are you based?

It's best to avoid any company that try to lock you into ingredients supply no matter how cheap the machine seems, this always tends to end up with hyped prices and lack of bean quality.

Have you thought about leasing options or an interest free payment scheme?

Try to base the machine on expected coffee volume and work from there, as you will be kicking yourself down the line if you have a machine that is way too big for the job at hand. Also think about the environment you want for your customers. Do you want a busy coffee shop complete with hustle and bustle around the coffee machine, or something more relaxed and less focused on the making of the coffee?

Jura do some brilliant semi auto fresh bean, fresh milk options you could look at?