Saeco Incanto Sirius - good machine?

Bennybee

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I live in Australia so we are running 240V here and no problems witht he supply.

As for the water I use the water that goes through my purifier, I descale every three months and have not had any problems with anything else in the house (Kettle,Iron) etc.

I feel it is a problem with the thermastat but the Saecoi Repairer says it is working to specification, even though my friend has the same machine and has had no problems.

I like the idea of running hot water through the unit so I will try that and let you know.

Thanks

I_dunno

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
Re: Incanto Deluxe

Bennybee said:
I am interested in the Hidden Menu thing, I cant use the one you have posted as the top left button is a small coffee and the unit just goes into making a coffee.

If you know anyone who may be able to tell me how I might get into a different menu to up the temperature I would be greatful.

Thanks

You need to have the machine in standby mode when you try to get into the hidden menu...sounds like the machine is already on when you are trying it.

Once in the menu, you might want to try increasing the temperature of the "temperature high" setting. I have mine set on 130 (which I think is the max). I also have increased the setting for "temperature coffee 1" to 127...I'm not certain what this is but I think it is the minimum temperature for the first shot out. While you are in there I would recommend changing the "stop dregs" setting to 16...I have found my container to consistently be able to handle 16 pucks with no problems.

In any case, changing these 2 settings has caused me to have really hot coffee almost to the point I needed to back off a little. But, of course, make the changes at your own risk!

This machine can make hot coffee but not witht he settings out of the box.

As for the always warming up problem...I would tend to agree with others about the build-up of scale.,...do you use one of the Saeco filters or use water out of the tap?

Good luck.

Bennybee

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site
I use a under bench water filter to fill up the machine. Running the hot water makes a little difference but even just hot water is not very hot. I can hold my finger under it and it is like a hot shower.

What does the water hardness setting do ? Should I play with that ? I am only 20km out of a major city and I get the best water there is, I dont belive it is to hard.

I have used a number of different de-scalers, both crystals and liquid, anyone have a preference?

As for the menus, my machine doesnt go into standby it has energy saveing mode. Ill have another look tonight.

Thank you all for helping me, maybe after 3 years I'll get a good hot coffee.

Benny :D

I_dunno

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
Bennybee said:
As for the menus, my machine doesnt go into standby it has energy saveing mode. Ill have another look tonight.

Thank you all for helping me, maybe after 3 years I'll get a good hot coffee.

Benny :D

The energy saving screen is where you get to the menu from...the screen has a circle with a vertical line coming out of the top and "ON" in the bottom righthand corner.

Bennybee

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site
Nup, Top left is small coffee, bottom left is menu/ok and bottom right is descale, as soon as I push bottom left the machine comes out of standby. Might be different software here is Australia or a different Model, mine is a Incato Deluxe not a Sirrus.

I_dunno

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
Bennybee said:
Nup, Top left is small coffee, bottom left is menu/ok and bottom right is descale, as soon as I push bottom left the machine comes out of standby. Might be different software here is Australia or a different Model, mine is a Incato Deluxe not a Sirrus.

ah, gotcha...yep, that's probably it. Perhaps Saeco could tell you the method to access the hidden menu on that model. I seem to remember the poster on this site (which is where I got the info) saying he had been told the code by a Saeco tech...you might want to try searching for that post.

I_dunno

Sep 20, 2006
Visit site
cyberdude191 said:
can anyone post their original setting that are in the hidden menu?

PLEASE?

hmm...no, I don't have that, but there is a reset to factory defaults function I think. Is there a specific setting you were looking for? (maybe it's one that I haven't changed from the default)

DjPiLL

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
I just bought a Sirius two weeks ago. Haven''t fooled around with the hidden menu yet... but I plan on making some changes soon.

Let me know what settings you need and ill see if i can get them for you.