Seeking Distributers

SnazzyCoffee

Sep 15, 2016
Eastern South Dakota
Visit site
Hi. I'm new to coffeeforums and hoping to make some connections. I just took a position as a manager of a small coffee shop that's attached to a larger business and I'm not thrilled with some of our distributers - for paper goods, milk, baked goods, and especially tea and green beans. How do I connect with distributers? There probably aren't a lot of businesses that deliver to my area, since I'm not near any big cities. Also, since the little coffee shop's under the umbrella of a bigger business, distributers probably won't find out we exist to advertise to us! Any suggestions? Magazines I should subscribe to? National distributers I should contact? Other websites I should frequent? Hopefully these recommendations will be useful to other small businesses, too. Thank you!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Green coffee? You roast your own? You would want to talk to a coffee broker/importer. PM me and I can give you some phone numbers. The issue with distributors is you need to have a minimum order or you will have to pay extra to have it delivered. With a small business it is hard to order on such a large scale. What city are you in?