Shoes for Cafe Work

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Years ago I had a back issue that was aggravated by a stand up job at a retail store. I found that the jell type heel custions by dr scholls worked well, and they were inexpensive. When you think about it, the heel is the part of the foot that gets the most abuse, so I think that is why the pad there worked best. At least for me.

Len

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Even with mats on the floor I would find my feet fatigued at the end of the day.

I would alternate between wearing Keen and Cole Haan. I made a conscious effort to rotate my shoes so I wouldn't be wearing the same pair for more then a couple of days. Other things that helped are putting in after market insoles. I used Superfeet, kind of an over the counter generic orthotic that provides excellent support. Then when I finally got a chance to sit down I would roll my foot out on a golf ball or the Goosebumps ball from the Sharperimage.

How is your posture? Are you disciplined in squatting when getting items from the under counter fridge? Do you turn your upper torso to grab things next to your, or turn your whole body? Making adjustments to my bad habits helped relieve some of my back pain.

Rocqu

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
As above posters have said. What works for one person may not work for another. Anyway this is what works for me.

I buy the Shoes for crews brand you get online. For the most part they work great. Slip resistant, insoles, and different styles you can try out. The only problem I've found is I have to buy a new pair every 4 to six months. I guess since I'm on my feet for 10 to 12 hours a day that isn't bad.

A couple things I've learned over the years that helps a ton as well.

Stay hydrated. I try to drink at least 5-6 cups of water during work. Also loosing about 25 lbs a few months back has made all the difference in the world.

Jay_Raz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Vibram Five Finger Shoes are something worth checking out. I can easily out walk, jog, and hike in these now than I used to with traditional footwear. We evolved (or created) to be barefoot, all this extra padding is throwing off years of evolution (or decision of some supreme being). You would want to warm up to the shoes. Use them for walking around and doing typical errands before jogging or using them for long hours. Your feet will greatly increase in strength.

Yes they are funky looking, but the two pairs that I have are one being plain black and the other being made of leather.

vibramfivefingers.com

Would let me hyperlink yet because of post count not being five yet, just copy and paste.

Winfort1988

Feb 16, 2020
Visit site
An interesting topic for discussion, I think I will find the answer here! By the way, I found a great way to communicate with people on forums from other countries, I leave you a link TranslateGoogle, I hope it will be useful for you:heart:

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I personally prefer Doc Martin but what about these sweet shoes made from a sack?
toms shoe.jpg