Should I do it?

evshaw3

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Wow Tophie2,
I completely understand your frustration. If everybody out there is averaging 450.00 a day right now, Im in the wrong location. I too hear from all the local business owners about how sales have taken a "duce". My wife and I opened here in North Texas last December. We are a Cuppys/ Java Jo'z/ got screwed now turned independant drive thru espresso & frozen drink business. We have been around the horn looking for the perfect bean, have excellent customer service, I know this because my wife & I are the only people we can hire for free? I laughed when I saw someone respond to your post on working 100n hrs as "slacker", The wife & I live at this store, and if it werent for my day job (working midnights) we would be on our a**. We started out well capitalized I thought? Seems like small business owners starting out today need a couple of hundred thousand in working capital just so they can go home in the evening and not get into a screaming match with their spouse every night. Its Sat. morning here, Ive been open since 7am and Im at $84.32 , pretty sobbering huh? Sure weve had 4, 5, even 700.00 days, but defenitely not lately. We have a 30-45k traffic flow, $bucks down the street on the other side, and soon to open Mickey D just a block away? We are down to our last 10k working money and its bleeding quick. I always marvel at the 12-15 min. line at all the local $bucks, and how much culture bust is required to get folks to stop their "lemming" consumer behavior. Im very frustrated as well because I believed very much I might add, that I had a chance at making this work. In March a local shaved ice stand closed and we decided to get a machine and add it to the menu. It saved our butts big time over the summer months by adding an additional 2-300.00 on hot weather days. Ive always believed in keeping our menu simple, was at a Dutch Bro's drive thru in Colo. Springs a few weeks ago and their menu was quick and easy to read, think we need to do the same. We have dumped a small fortune in every kind of marketing I can think of, all thats left is bikini clad barista's? Im very much intrested in how well you hold up over the next few months, so please post as I will keep you up on us as well.

Javaev

Tophie2

Jul 6, 2008
St Augustine Fl
Visit site
No doubt my friend, If you interested take a look at my original and constantly updated post this goes out to pug,cc etc. This was definately a gamble but gosh, can a brother get a break? This is an email from a very good customer that for all intensive pourposes is an attempt to help me.RE: FREE MARKETING FOR COFFEE CREATIONS?
Sent: Mon 9/21/09 12:01 PM
To: 'chris spindler' ([email protected])
5 attachments | Download all attachments (94.9 KB)
image002.png (80.5 KB), image004.gif (0.7 KB), image006.jpg (10.3 KB), image007.jpg (1.7 KB), image003.jpg (1.7 KB)

If you're having problems downloading attachments, please sign in again and select "Remember me on this computer".
Sign in again

Scott Michaels D.C., M.D.

208 South Park Circle East

Saint Augustine Florida 32086

Office (904) 823-8833 Cell (904) 434-8196 Fax (904) 434-8196

Email: [email protected]

Hi Chris,

That sounds great like you already got a lot of the stuff done! All I can say is keep up with the Flyers and contacts you have already made each week.

Café 11 got started by booking musicians and selling tickets for the performers. I’d buy a ticket if I “thought” the act was good or it was a cool event . Piggy back the event with a charity ie 50% of the door goes to the charity. Local art and coffee….? Its great to do these things but they need to be promoted daily for at least 3 weeks prior to the event. Great promotion spots are schools and colleges.

What do you think of the theme night idea?

In addition it takes 3 months to get people use to a new activity or idea…

So your opening night on some of these ideas might be less then stellar but it should catch on.

I have no problem paying a little more for a sandwich good as yours are! Have you seen the prices in B&N and Starbucks!

How many cups of coffee do you need to sell to make your expenses?

Hope this is helpful

Take Care

Scott

Yours for Health,

practice limited to chiropractic

[email protected]

208 Southpark Circle East

Saint Augustine FL 32086

(904) 823-8833 Fax (904)923-9394

Notice of Confidentiality: The information included and/or attached in this electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended for the addressee. Any unauthorizeddisclosure,reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of the information is prohibited. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 11:22 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: FREE MARKETING FOR COFFEE CREATIONS

We have done LSM (local store marketing) to all businesses in the 5 mile radius.
We have passed out 5000 flyers for a free cup of coffee
We have the ancient city poet society here every last sun of the month
All the primary drug reps in the county have a corporate discount
Nobody will play an instrument for free that is any good, sell tickets?, would you buy 1?
We have a 50. Coupon on the new st Augustine high score cards, as we also sponsor the SAHS cheerleaders, relay for life, Chamber of Commerece, Actors studio of St A, etc etc etc
Any suggestions on a lingere shop?
There is not a chess club in St Augustine and we are working on it.
Your next sandwhich will be 3.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
Subject: FREE MARKETING FOR COFFEE CREATIONS
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 09:51:29 -0400

practice limited to chiropractic

700 Reid Street Suite A

Palatka, Florida 32086

Office (386) 328-4043

Cell (904) 434-8196 Fax (386) 328-4141

Hi Chris,

Heres some FREE marketing tips.

1. Pass out your loyality cards to businesses in the area

2. Make a Flyer with a free cup of coffee or lost leader item or Buy on get one free (BOGOF)

3. Start a contest like word search and the prize is a free cup of coffee

4. Have a poetry contest or theme night like BEAT NICK Night, Bike night etc…

5. Have an open mic or have a friend play an instrument (sell tickets and split it with the musician.)

6. Have a lingere shop do a mini fashion show this ones obvious!

7. Have a chess or board game contest with an entry fee and cash prize

8. Call all the imaging centers in town as they are always giving coffee to doctors and give them a corporate discount card and tell them they can email there order (ask to speak to there marketing director)

9. Get a delivery guy that will work for tips and a small % of sales delivered.

10. Get sponsors for your Coffee of the month news letter, Coffee Achievers Monthly Award for local Schools and Colleges, teachers love speciality coffees

11. Raise your prices by .25 to 50 cents per item especially your breakfest sandwiches 3$ - 3.50 wont even be noticed by your coustomers. Make 4 dollar items 3.99

12. Rx: For a Healthy Bussiness institute 2 of these everyday for the next 2 weeks .

Take Care

Scott

Yours for health,

700 Reid Street Suite A

Palatka, Florida 32086

Office (386) 328-4043

Cell (904) 434-8196

Fax (386) 328-4141

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bing brings you health info from trusted sources. Try it now!

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.111/2386 - Release Date: 09/21/09 05:51:00