Sivetz Roaster 1/4 bag equipment advice

bdm2510

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Dear members,

I am a new member and seeking information on new and second hand prices for the following roasting equipment:

Sivetz 1/4 Bag roasting plant - 3816 roasting machine - 8min fluid bed
Sivetz one pound 3.5kw - 240V roaster and cooler and control panel c/w 94 high limit bean temp control and roaster blower

I am looking to set up a micro roasting plant in UK and would be grateful for any assistance. The kit is shown on the Sivetz website for both items but no prices. I would appreciate any info on the plant new or as second hand. I have the chance of a 2003 sivetz 1/4 bag roasting plant if that makes a difference.

I look forward to any assistance and responses

gs47

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have a 38lb sivetz roaster for sale in California for $8500. It is a 2004, used for one year and in dry storage ever since.

bdm2510

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Dear member,

Thank you for the information and the valuation quoted. The figure parallels what I thought the system would be worth. A similar roaster is going to auction in the UK expecting to reach £10,000 ($16,200) for a 2003 model. I also received updated prices from the manaufacturer as well. It may be cheaper to export to the UK and convert to UK power. I`ll keep your details noted and thank you for the response.

Skkyhawke2

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Sivetz for sale??

I have a 38lb sivetz roaster for sale in California for $8500. It is a 2004, used for one year and in dry storage ever since.

Do you still have this roaster available? May I ask why it's being sold? Can you tell me more? We are a franciscan order looking for used coffee roasting equipment. Could you respond directly, please? Skkyhawke2 at gmail dot com. Many thanks. ~Friar Rick.

DirtyDave

A new Sivetz roaster is a borderline device at best, a used unit will present many more challenges.
There's nothing special about the design, you could copy the construction in the UK and use quality materials and have a professional metalshop execute much higher degree structural integrity.
Employ an experienced controls manufacturer, and have a roaster far more capable, reliable and safe.
You would also obviate all the problems of converting, shipping and importing.
Good Luck

Jostine85

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi I to am looking for a Sivetz Roaster either a 1/4 bag or 1/2 bag roaster is your 1/4 bag roaster still avalibal and would i ba able to come and see it? My Buisness partner and I are flying to LA California in August from Austria Europe. thanks alot hope to hear from you. Josiah Tiner

bdm2510

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Dear DirtyDave,

Thank you for the advice. I was looking to but a Sivetz at auction but the the system was overvalued and it was a sounder investment to look for a newer version or alternative. It was very useful to receive info on the used prices as it would have been more cost effective to import. I have a meeting later this month with a funder and will see how much can be raised to purchase a new, or fairly new. roasting plant preferably with eco benefits. Thank you members for all you advice and support,

Regards

BDM2510

DirtyDave

If you do go ahead and purchase a Sivetz (against my advice), contact me and I can advise you as to what you'll need to do to make it run safely on 220V 50hz, as well as suggestions to make it more efficient and last longer.
It's not that I think air roasting is bad, in fact I find it preferable, just not the way Mike does it.
His chemical science is unimpeachable, his electrical and mechanical solutions however....................
Best of luck.

Jostine85

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Dear Mr. halmertz
I'm very interested in your roaster. Is it still for sale? I will be in California in a few weaks and would be more then intrested in your roaster thanks

halmertz

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
1/4 roaster

Dear Mr. halmertz
I'm very interested in your roaster. Is it still for sale? I will be in California in a few weaks and would be more then intrested in your roaster thanks

Please contact me directly if you are serious about purchasing a 1/4 bag Sivetz roaster. info at enjoyblackcoffee.com