Steam Valve - La Cimbali M24

andreluizcv

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Hy Guys!
I dont have much experience on Espresso Machines, most of my activities are related to industrial automation, but at my area, I am the closest of espresso technician they can get.
Now I am repairing a La Cimbali M24, that is "leaking" water. I realized that the steam valve, right after the boiler is releasing water with the steam.
I unmounted the valve, cleaned, and put it back, after a busy day, the water came out again (out of the machine).
Do you have any tips on this issue?
Is that valve responsible for heating the cups over the top of the machine, or what?

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Best regards!

andreluizcv

May 22, 2017
Visit site
Anti Vaccum Valve.jpeg Here is the valve

John_Arthur

Oct 6, 2020
Visit site
I have a professional coffee machine at my house as I sued to be a barista when I was a student at university. I was always experiencing a problem with the valve from the manufacturers. I disassembled it and was shocked by how was bad quality for a coffee machine that costs 2000 USD. I contacted them and asked about the replacement of the valve and they told me that they put the same to all the coffee machines. I did not want to waste any more of my time and I ordered a Carbon Steel Ball Valve which solved my issue from the first assembly. Now I do not experience any more problems and hope I would not in the future.