Suggestions Please: Super automatic espresso machine, thinking about Jura z6 / j6

byroncheung

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Currently we have a small nespresso machine in our home we're looking to get a better machine that can do variety of drinks from fresh beans and can also do the frothing (currently we use a separate frother)

One of my friend has Jura Z6 he really likes it, and I tried it at their home it seems like a good machine. I'm also looking at Jura J6, which seems to have most feature that Z6 has but with a slightly smaller footprint and smaller capacity. I'm fine with a lower capacity machine and also don't want it to occupy too much counter space.

I'm open to hear suggestions / opinions / experiences...

thanks.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
For those that want easy push-button convenience/repeatability and end up with something that barely resembles espresso, then a super auto might fill the bill. I'd recommend using that kind of a budget and get a REAL machine/grinder that will last years and be capable of cranking out espresso and textured milk (for those that have to dilute real espresso) that will be light years ahead of the Jura or anything else along those lines.

jenfil82

Nov 8, 2019
Visit site
I ve had my Z6 for 3 years now, sent it 2 times for repair (first time 6 months after purchase). It died again 2 weeks ago (coffe e simply not coming out).
I just subscribed to this forum to look for alternatives as I am not ready to spend $3500 for a machine that doesn't last 3 years.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
Currently we have a small nespresso machine in our home we're looking to get a better machine that can do variety of drinks from fresh beans and can also do the frothing (currently we use a separate frother)

One of my friend has Jura Z6 he really likes it, and I tried it at their home it seems like a good machine. I'm also looking at Jura J6, which seems to have most feature that Z6 has but with a slightly smaller footprint and smaller capacity. I'm fine with a lower capacity machine and also don't want it to occupy too much counter space.

I'm open to hear suggestions / opinions / experiences...

thanks.
byron:
I have owned my Z6 for 6 months and so far love it. You do have to clean it regularly, daily for the milk system (5 minutes} and when prompted for the entire machine and milk system deep clean, but not that big a deal. You can customize standard recipes and create espresso-based recipes. Out of box quality is very good and support on the one issue I had was excellent. Overall I'm satisfied, the only thing I might opt for if I was buying another would be a dual hopper model rather than the Z6, of course, more $$.

Last edited:

I.Fix.Jura

Aug 6, 2021
Spring, Texas
Visit site
I have been using a Z8 for over 4 years now and never had any problems (yet). But this kind of machines will fail by design. Just like the tires on your cars need to be replaced after sometime, the rubber seals on the moving pistons inside the machine wear just like tires, they need to be replaced too. This has nothing to do with quality. I also made a hobby of refurbishing Juras. You can contact me at [email protected] if you want me to refurbish yours. I've already sold hundreds refurbished ones on eBay.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
I have been using a Z8 for over 4 years now and never had any problems (yet). But this kind of machines will fail by design. Just like the tires on your cars need to be replaced after sometime, the rubber seals on the moving pistons inside the machine wear just like tires, they need to be replaced too. This has nothing to do with quality. I also made a hobby of refurbishing Juras. You can contact me at [email protected] if you want me to refurbish yours. I've already sold hundreds refurbished ones on eBay.
I.Fix.Jura:
My Z6 is relatively new and is running great but I hear you. Your email is in my Just In Case file so someday I will be contacting you. For those Jura owners that want to get an idea of what's involved can google"disassembling Jura ZX" and they will be happy to get expert help. https://www.youtuwatch?vb5isT4m9e.com/=HlCu
Question, when and if I have an issue, can I email you the symptoms and get an idea of what's involved in fixing it before sending the unit to you?
CupaGil