Time to spread my wings and open my own shop

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What they aren't telling you is, "Days off" secretly means picking up supplies, writing schedules, doing payroll, planning, and other admin tasks

topdog

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Free advice is worth it what you pay for it. If you are serious to succeed in the business you need an experienced operator to advice you in the intricalities of running a business. The best spent money that you'd invest. Good Luck. [email protected]

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Its not just Coffee house. when you own a business, you are marry to it. You love it or not, you need to be responsible or you will lose it in no time. When you lose your wife, she only takes half but when you lose your business, it will take you for years to come..... Not an easy decision to make or start.
I have done many business in the past. Now i have very successful business and make great income from it but I have invested in wrong business in 2004 and lost most of my money and still paying some of the loan I made.... I think that cost me total of 1.3 million dollars.... OUCHHHHH

Mr Shave

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Free advice is worth it what you pay for it. If you are serious to succeed in the business you need an experienced operator to advice you in the intricalities of running a business. The best spent money that you'd invest. Good Luck. [email protected]

If you are interested in how to analize your business prospects and learn how to take advantage of your business enviroment, I would be able to coach you for a fee of $ 2,000.00 for a one day meeting and once a month communication for up to six months. you can reach me at hugo at harbornet. com if interested. no spaces between hugo@

I do agree there is a relationship between price and value. However, I don't see where you get off saying free advise from other members isn't equally as valuable. Customer service, attention to detail, and passion are what they are. Retail environment competition pricing, concepts, technology has changed drastically since you entered coffee. I don't see any value you are providing, no materials, no collateral, no professionalism. It is simply give me money and I can show you the way.

Tacoma's coffee scene is just starting to develop, Blue Beard, Metronome, and Satellite, are IMO the only respectable shops in the city.

If you want to hire a consultant I would say go with American Barista School, they are active within the community, still own and run a shop and will provide far more value for the money

Business + Barista Workshop [5-Day]: $2695. This intensive workshop includes lectures on start-up, operations and management and hands-on training in the espresso lab learning proper beverage and food preparation.

Won't set you up to beast on bar or run a business, but will give you a good foundation. I have not taken this course but know of people that have.

Best of luck