Toper 10kg without touch screen

camdenroaster

Jan 6, 2023
London
Visit site
Hi, i've been using a 25kg Probat for the last 6 years and have moved jobs and find myself with a 10kg Toper with out a touch screen. I'm hooked up to Cropster, I can see bean temp, exhaust temp and RoR.

I can't see gas % and that is controlled by turning a manual dial or looking at the flame height which is pretty imprecise.
I'm trying to set profiles and would really appreciate any tips.

I'm used to creating beautiful curves but this roaster isn't very responsive and so I'm finding this hard to achieve. the coffee is tasting great but i want to ensure continuity and repeatable profiles. Any advice you can share?

Aguilar

Aug 10, 2023
Spain
Visit site
Hi, i've been using a 25kg Probat for the last 6 years and have moved jobs and find myself with a 10kg Toper with out a touch screen. I'm hooked up to Cropster, I can see bean temp, exhaust temp and RoR.

I can't see gas % and that is controlled by turning a manual dial or looking at the flame height which is pretty imprecise.
I'm trying to set profiles and would really appreciate any tips.

I'm used to creating beautiful curves but this roaster isn't very responsive and so I'm finding this hard to achieve. the coffee is tasting great but i want to ensure continuity and repeatable profiles. Any advice you can share?
Hello !
I have a topper of 5 kg and the truth is that they are not very sensitive to change. I have divided the gas pressure gauge into 50%, 30% and 15% and that is how it guided me when changing the flame and the air. If you want a quick reaction, you have to move at least two points.
What is most difficult for me is having a stable ror in 1 crack, for the rest it's fine.