Wanting to open a cafe! Go figure! :)

jeffjives2java

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi Cobby,

Hope your project is going strong! What's the latest? I'm sure your list here has grown (exponentially!), but I wanted to comment on something you seem to have exempted from the list, tied in specifically with the importance of Social Media. There are actually emerging a few tools in the Point of Sale space (obviously, your point of sale or register will be a key hardware component for your operations to function smoothly) that actually integrate with Social Media Tools to keep that buzz strong even after you open. One great example is Own Point of Sale. They're being used at a place called Green Bean Salads in St. Louis, but my focus here is that they actively integrate with Facebook, Twitter, FourSquare, etc. to encourage and aid new Owners in customer retention and tracking activity not only during a transaction but pre- and post- transaction, and keep you with a firm pulse on who is following you, how much, and why. Check it out and let us know how the project is going!

Rodsboots

Jan 5, 2006
New Mexico
Visit site
One thing to check on.. What's your menu like? if you're only going to sell Sandwiches soups etc.. go with a panini grill then you won't have to drop a huge wad on a griddle or vent and Fire Suppresion system etc.. and there's not huge greasy mess to clean up.. (just a little one). I'm in the final stages of opening my Mobile business and it's been in the works now for 4 months! and we've been busy!. Don't rush.. Don't cheat.. and Best advise I've received.. Ya get what you pay for!. It cost a little more but I am now the proud owner of a Nuova Simonelly Appia 2 group work horse..
the best thing I've done hands down.. Business Plan. it's not just for getting money but it's exactly what it says.. it's a plan that shows you know what you're doing, it shows your weak points and where you need more work but it also gives you that slight warm fuzzy feeling that you just might make it..lol
Good Luck..

kimdouzi

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Dear Cobby,
I think your thought is great. Maybe it will be a good beginning. why not try, or we will regret later. I'm not able provide more advices on it, maybe we could provide you the ice makers from China. Our company is a manufacturer. If you need high quality ice makers with reasonable price, please contact me, I would like to help you! Keep in touch!

Robert Jin

[FONT=&#23435][FONT=&#23435]Shanghai Chuangli Refrigeration Equipment Co.,Ltd. Add: No.568 Huaxu Road, Qingpu District, Shanghai,China,201705.
Tel: 0086-21-59761532
Fax: 0086-21-59761532
MB: 0086-15901738860
Email: [email protected]
[FONT=宋体]Skype: snookershanghai[/FONT]
Shanghai Chuangli Refrigeration Equipment Co., Ltd. - ice maker,ice machine,ice maker machine
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Hi Cobby,

As a former coffee house owner, I can tell you that walk-by traffic is king. Try hanging out by your proposed shop for an hour or 2, at different times during the day / week, to see how much & the kind of walking traffic this address gets. Without good walk by, it will take a huge amount of work & time to get the word out about your business. It's good to be a do-it-yourselfer, but don't completely discount the value that a professional (web developer or marketing / advertising person) can bring to your business.

Also, as great as this location may appear, walk around the neighborhood, or check with a local commercial realtor to see if there are other options. There may be an even better location available, that you haven't seen yet.

Best of luck on your venture. Running a coffee bar, is one of the best jobs I've ever had. Do your homework (which you appear to be doing), and you should be fine. Oh, and a final piece of advice...

Kindest Regards,

Dave