🔥 Hot! What Coffee did you drink today?

Nancy06

Dec 1, 2023
California
Visit site
Felt this would be a cool thread to start where we can report in and talk about whatever coffee we drank on the particular day. Today I had me some Cafe Bustelo, kind of my normal go-to.

What about yall?
I am not a fan of coffees with high acidity, I had the opportunity to taste Ospina coffee- they usually sell 8oz for like $500 or so. I can honestly say, the coffee didn't disappoint - so velvety lol. And definitely not for getting your caffeine fix. It is not super charged- but what a great texture and taste. I am not gonna buy coffee for $500 but worth the try! 😅

froze

Top Poster Of Month
May 14, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of coffees with high acidity, I had the opportunity to taste Ospina coffee- they usually sell 8oz for like $500 or so. I can honestly say, the coffee didn't disappoint - so velvety lol. And definitely not for getting your caffeine fix. It is not super charged- but what a great texture and taste. I am not gonna buy coffee for $500 but worth the try! 😅
$800 for 8 ounce thing of coffee? Say what? You can make your low-acidity coffee by doing the cold brew process, it reduces acid by about 60% at full strength, and depending on the type of coffee you buy, the darker the roast the less acidic. Then if you want a cup of hot coffee simply heat up a cup of the cold brew.

The devices that make Cold brew are diverse, most are cheap to buy, the best one is probably the OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker, it only cost around $40.

Cold brew is made condensed, it is supposed to be diluted 66% with water after it has brewed, but how much you dilute is up to you as to how strong you want it, I drink it without diluting it!

froze

Top Poster Of Month
May 14, 2012
Visit site
The internet spells it for pronouncing it's puh-kahn which is mostly southern or pee-kahn which is Native American. Most people that pronounce it as Pee-can are actually on the East coast. In the puh-kahn, pee-kahn, and pee-can is pretty much intermixed across the US, thus there is no bad way of saying it, though an English teacher I had in middle school back in the 70's said pee-can is totally bad grammar...take it for what it is.

froze

Top Poster Of Month
May 14, 2012
Visit site
Honestly it makes no difference to me as I've been living profoundly/permanently deaf for 4.5 yrs now. You should see the reactions I get when others see me speak in a Spanish/Italian/Greek dialect and do it being deaf...
I hear ya!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I gladly say there's a sucker born every minute to throw ridiculous amount of $ around. Lemme see... I can buy around 60 lbs of high quality green for that $500 and at my average moisture/weight loss amy yield will be approximately 50 lbs roasted. So yeah I'll take 50 lbs of what I roasted over hyped/seriously inflated Colombian whatever any day. Of course to each their own, but at the end of the day it's still coffee and spending more will never guarantee better.

Nancy06

Dec 1, 2023
California
Visit site
$800 for 8 ounce thing of coffee? Say what? You can make your low-acidity coffee by doing the cold brew process, it reduces acid by about 60% at full strength, and depending on the type of coffee you buy, the darker the roast the less acidic. Then if you want a cup of hot coffee simply heat up a cup of the cold brew.

The devices that make Cold brew are diverse, most are cheap to buy, the best one is probably the OXO Cold Brew Coffee Maker, it only cost around $40.

Cold brew is made condensed, it is supposed to be diluted 66% with water after it has brewed, but how much you dilute is up to you as to how strong you want it, I drink it without diluting it!
Yep, well like I said I'd never buy coffee for that much lol. It's like buying gold lol.
... Anyhow, I checked it out online after and saw this other website offering a sample of it in their end of year gift box for way less. In case if anyone is interested, it's here: luxcafeclub.com