What is the world's best coffee growing region?

What's the world's best coffee growing region?

• Total voters

wscafe

We are based in Vietnam and have been in the coffee industry for years. And we have had coffee inquires from many customers of different countries so far. Many of them told me that Vietnamese coffee quality is good. The others said coffee from Java, Sumatra of Indonesia are better. Some may say coffee from India has a special taste. Not only that, there are opinions that Brazilian milds and Columbian milds are the best ones. Some prioritize to buy coffee from Africa.

So, what is your vote for the world's best coffee growing region?:)

wscafe

Sorry as I forgot Jamaica, Hawaii, Panama and Guatemala. Jamaica blue mountain and Kona are actually world's specialty coffee. However, I aim at listing coffee giants into the list as their coffee are more massive.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry as I forgot Jamaica, Hawaii, Panama and Guatemala. Jamaica blue mountain and Kona are actually world's specialty coffee. However, I aim at listing coffee giants into the list as their coffee are more massive.

But your question was world's best coffee growing region, so one shouldn't rule out the micro regions as coffee has become increasingly about estate and micro-lot coffee. Not trying to be difficult, after all it is YOUR question not mine, so we play by your rules :D. In my opinion, the world's best region would be East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania.

wscafe

But your question was world's best coffee growing region, so one shouldn't rule out the micro regions as coffee has become increasingly about estate and micro-lot coffee. Not trying to be difficult, after all it is YOUR question not mine, so we play by your rules :D. In my opinion, the world's best region would be East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania.
You are right. I should clarify the criteria in next polls. However, in terms of quality, I do think that East Africa is the best growing region as it is not only the mother land of coffee but also the mother land of human beings.

coffeecube

Mar 15, 2016
kochi
Visit site
The great coffee comes out of Ethiopia year after year: it's truly the birthplace of coffee. That means its producers rarely contend with problems that can overwhelm coffee growers in Central and South America.

wscafe

The great coffee comes out of Ethiopia year after year: it's truly the birthplace of coffee. That means its producers rarely contend with problems that can overwhelm coffee growers in Central and South America.
I think not only the natural conditions but also organic cultivation practise make African coffee to have awesome taste and aroma.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Personally speaking... Cuilco or San Pedro Necta, Huehuetenango, Guatemala is the best coffee growing region that I know of.
PS: BTW, I am surprised to see that there is no Guatemala in the voting list. Guatemala is officially #4 country for the best coffee.
#1 Ethiopia #2 Kenya #3 Colombia #4 Guatemala...etc

Last edited:

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
The largest growers are Ethiopia and Indonesia and they lead any other country in coffee growing quantity but which coffee is best is totally a different question.