What should I do with the rest of it?

DylanAsdale

May 16, 2009
Visit site
So I've decided I'm going to start programming my coffee maker to make in the morning, but I have a dilemma.

I like making 12-cup pots using 1/2 cup of coffee, and that's what I like. I think it uses the right amount of heat, time, etc. to make the coffee the way I like it.

Now here's my dilemma: what do I do with the rest of the coffee once I get my cup? My father doesn't come home until 5:00pm, and my mom comes home around that time as well usually.

I was thinking I'd donate the rest of the pot every day to people at my school, but that seems costly to get a separate large canister just to do such a thing, etc.

I mean, I don't want to waste the rest but I'm not sure what I should do with it... I use Kroger's Breakfast Blend so it's not like it's costly or anything.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "DylanAsdale "

Here are several suggestions:

You could use less ground coffee and less water and program your coffee maker to make less coffee each morning. (for example....1/4 cup of ground coffee for 6 cups..... Most coffee makers can be set up to make less than a full pot of coffee.

or

You could buy a thermos and take it to work with you (to enjoy by yourself or share).

or

You could pour it into a bottle or pitcher and put it into the refirgerator to make iced coffee later on.

or

You could drink as much coffee as you want in the morning and simply dump the rest.

Oh, how I wish all of life's problems could be so simple.

Rose