Where to start?

Ilovecoffee

Dec 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi... i am new to the forum... i am 19 from malaysia.. i seen a malaysian here before..

anyway... i am still new to the coffee industry and would like to start by making my own coffee of course.. my question is where should i start?

i thought of getting myself a french press since i could only afford it? is that the best way? what other things do i need besides the french press? i cant afford a espresso machine..

i would be thankful for all the answers..

CoffeeDetective

Jul 10, 2006
Montreal
Visit site
Using a French press is just fine. Arguably, you'll get a better cup of coffee from your French press than others will get from a fancy $200 brewer.

That's the funny thing about making great coffee. All you need is ground coffee, hot water and some kind of filter. A French press is all you need. Anything else is just a matter of making life more convenient...and not about making better coffee.

davidsbiscotti

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
I've been using a $20 french press (a.k.a. cafetiere or press pot ) and it works extremely well. Even with fine espresso grinds, which was a surprise to me. It's easy to clean the 8 cup (32oz) glass beaker, even if coffee has been sitting in it for awhile. It does leave a little sediment in the bottom of my cup, but I suck that up too. :D