Which brand of coffee is the Rolls Royce of all coffee?

brandonlink

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
i think that i agree. freshness is the key ingredient to the most awesome coffee. no matter how expensive the coffee roast, if it's not fresh, it's not going to be very good.
that's my opinion anyway...
brandon

Last edited by a moderator:

DennyCrane

Oct 30, 2011
Cloverdale, BC
Visit site
One thing that makes me a little embarrassed about being Canadian, is our love for Tim Hortons coffee. I personally can't stand their coffee! It's so boring. I always drink my coffee black, but if anyone ever gives me Tim Hortons coffee, I always have to add cream.

joeyg

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Best coffee....

J. MARTINEZ Fine Coffees continues to impress!
I tried their YEMEN coffee last week. OMG that stuff was good. Earthy, woody, but with a strong cocoa flavor. By itself, it was very good, but add a HAZELNUT CREAMER and it's magic.
I had some friends over to the house and all of them said it was by far the best they've ever had.

I still love their TANZANIAN PEABERRY. I would say it's better than the Yemen if you don't use a creamer, unless you really love the earthy woody flavor. Just a great everyday cup of coffee and very reasonably priced.

I always thought Columbian was my favorite type of cofee and it turns out it's YEMEN and TANZANIA. Who would have thunk it?

HOMEBREWER

Dec 16, 2011
Kona Land
Visit site
Kauai peaberry, but it depends on your taste

it all depends on your taste.

Look at the guys who like Kopi Luwak, comes out of a wild african cat's ass, LOL

Being more realistic, I like Hawaiian coffee made in a percolator.

I recently bought some Kauai peaberry from some new guys on the net.

you can check my coffee review in the other forum category.

andyrodgers

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
No one can say that it is the best coffee in the world. it may be best according to myself but may be not for others. Its totally depended on mode and taste of every one . so its hared to say the best coffee.

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Best coffee is determined by ones own personal taste. What I like as best the next person might not like as well.

Main thing is freshness. Remeber how bread straight out of the oven tastes? Fresh donuts? Why is day old bread not quite the same?

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
There's a beer guru, the Beergod or Beerking, something like that. When you ask him what's his favorite beer he says "it's the one I'm drinking right now."

I tend to agree with that sentiment when it comes to coffee. Of course the Beerking wasn't drinking Bud Light and I'm not drinking Folgers (or K-cups for that matter!).

Buy local, buy fresh, buy passion, be happy!

Last edited:

BasilAlomary

Nov 27, 2012
New Jersey
Visit site
I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but I'm a huge fan of Bowtruss coffee. Especially their two espresso blends, a little on the pricier side. But so worth it to wake up to in the morning.

barebeans

Mar 15, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visit site
Some mentioned Starbucks and Tim Hortons, you guys need to get out and try some GOOD coffee.
That's like when people say Millers and Bud is a good beer lol:)
Totally agree with it depends where you are, find some good coffee shops/bars and try their espresso.
If you like it ask what kind of beans they use, some will tell you some won't.
I roast my own and not many shops can measure up.
I have a few favorites, but I like to try different beans, I don't like to pay high price so usually looking out for the best deal.
Some I had before are: Sumatra, Kenya, Burundi, Ethiopia, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Vietnamese, Costa Rica, Tanzania, El Salvador, Mexico.
Roasting and blending decides how well it tuns out, I like to experiment and sometime roast a single origin, as it can be surprisingly good.
The latest Brazil beans I bought are very good, but I had some before that was just so-so.

Ricpac

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Some mentioned Starbucks and Tim Hortons, you guys need to get out and try some GOOD coffee.
That's like when people say Millers and Bud is a good beer lol:)
Totally agree with it depends where you are, find some good coffee shops/bars and try their espresso.
If you like it ask what kind of beans they use, some will tell you some won't.
I roast my own and not many shops can measure up.
I have a few favorites, but I like to try different beans, I don't like to pay high price so usually looking out for the best deal.
Some I had before are: Sumatra, Kenya, Burundi, Ethiopia, Brazil, Colombia, Guatemala, Vietnamese, Costa Rica, Tanzania, El Salvador, Mexico.
Roasting and blending decides how well it tuns out, I like to experiment and sometime roast a single origin, as it can be surprisingly good.
The latest Brazil beans I bought are very good, but I had some before that was just so-so.

i just started drinking coffee recently but i have tasted many places before but nothing has come close to the taste of Brazilian coffee for me. Love it. i pay about 10-12 bucks for a 12 Oz bag. not sure if thats a good or bad price.

CuppaCoffee

Feb 28, 2012
NY
Visit site
I agree with Coffee Lover 1- nothing beats Lavazza coffee. But that's just my opinion. Everyone has different taste buds and so their favorites in coffee will differ- some people just need to discover what it is. Keep trying if you still haven't found yours- either through a local roaster or online.