Which Coffee Machine Should I Purchase?

eileen0998

Jan 19, 2024
Hong Kong
Visit site
I just starting to dive into the world of pour-over brewing. Any recommendation?

I'm looking for something that strikes a balance between simplicity and delivering great taste. Any suggestions for pour-over coffee makers, grinders, and any essential accessories would be fantastic!

Maakbow

Oct 17, 2021
New Zealand
Visit site
Any recommendation? I'm looking for something that strikes a balance between simplicity and delivering great taste.
I'm not a pour over 'expert' as I'm more a spro bro, but i can say without hesitation , If you are starting out, you will get your best results spending your money on a quality grinder and make your pour overs manually. Good mechanical pour over machines that are on par with a well made manual pour over are relatively pricey.

I don't know what your budget even is but the best hand grinder you can find (read/watch as many reviews as you can) may be good enough. Like 1zpresso JP6, ZP6 or maybe even K-Ultra.

As soon as you jump to an electric grinder your budget will need to be multiplied. Maybe a Lagom mini or fellow opus might be a good starting point but there are so many options. These are filter focused grinders so should you later want to make espresso they may not be you best choice

Coldbrew_withoutice

Feb 5, 2024
Austin
Visit site
Welcome to the coffee world! I would say if you just started (like me) a machine that does it all for you might be easier (at least it is for me)
I also want a brand that will take care of the beans for me. I want to learn more about coffee beans but really don't know where to start.

Any good brands rec??? I am also opened to ideas.

Coldbrew_withoutice

Feb 5, 2024
Austin
Visit site
I'm not a pour over 'expert' as I'm more a spro bro, but i can say without hesitation , If you are starting out, you will get your best results spending your money on a quality grinder and make your pour overs manually. Good mechanical pour over machines that are on par with a well made manual pour over are relatively pricey.

I don't know what your budget even is but the best hand grinder you can find (read/watch as many reviews as you can) may be good enough. Like 1zpresso JP6, ZP6 or maybe even K-Ultra.

As soon as you jump to an electric grinder your budget will need to be multiplied. Maybe a Lagom mini or fellow opus might be a good starting point but there are so many options. These are filter focused grinders so should you later want to make espresso they may not be you best choice
I was looking at Fellow the other day......their design is cool! But I am not sure if I know how to use it...

Would love a machine that it probably does all the work for me (but not a K-cup lol