Who's going?

td

Feb 20, 2007
Clearwater, Fl
Visit site
SCAA Long Beach, CoffeeFest Atlanta and Seattle, and RG Retreat Grand Rapids Minnesota. Not to mention some of the Regional Roaster Training Group meetings. It is a great time to be a roaster, more training available in more places.

I beg to differ with ElPug- although SCAA has more classes (and this year even more geared toward roasters) it can be expensive and difficult to navigate for beginners- it is definately not a show for home roasters- it is the largest coffee industry show, period. You will see things and vendors there that you will see nowhere else; large packaging machines, nearly every roaster manufacture, countries of origin, Transfair, etc... Also, the annual meeting of the Roaster's Guild and the RG party (Monday evening, so plan accordingly).

CoffeeFest on the other hand is a more focused event- retailers and roasters. It has changed a lot in the last year adding many roaster oriented classes, especially sensory oriented classes. It is also much less expensive and easier to interact with vendors as well other like minded roasters. And you should never miss the Roast sponsored Roaster's Roundtable on Saturdays at 5pm. Open to any and all roasters- FREE.

Next year the SCAA will be in Minneapolis, Coffeefest will be in DC, Honolulu and Seattle. There will also be a Tea & Coffee World Cup in Miami Beach in January.

So plan accordingly, and get the most of it by doing your homework.

Hi ElPugDiablo!

THANKS for the great leads!! I am close enough to Charlotte to drive in a day.

Maybe some day (VERY soon!) I will have enough profit margin to go to Portland or Seattle and check out the "real deal" because it's like mecca for the coffee world and I would love to just go there. But for right now I will go to one of these!

Thanks again!

Cheryl Ann