Yet another "what to buy" post

Brenticon

Aug 24, 2005
Visit site
Hey, newbie here.
I'd like to get a good espresso/capp machine that won't kill me financially but has good build and makes top quality espresso.
Just to let you know where i'm at, I want the rancilio silvia but that is prolly too expensive. I may have to bite it and pull the trigger onnit but it's almost 200$ more than i want to spend.
Other than that i'm looking at either the starbucks barista and the saeco classico ss because they seem to be built well and will last. However because the portafilter is pressurized the espresso will not be as good.
On the other hand i'm looking at the gaggio coffee de luxe which seems to make great espresso but the build quality will not be as solid plus its ugly.

What do you all think? Go for a saeco or barista but eventually get a NP portafilter? Where can i get one? thanks.

mooch

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
Food for thought...
wholelattelove has a Saeco Via Veneto for 126.54 and if you have paypal they let you pay over 3 months with no interest.
Check it out.
Maybe you could afford something better if you use that option if you use paypal.
Just an option, some people do not use ebay or paypal but some do.

mooch

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
PS.
The "wholelattelove" is the seller name on ebay.
I presume they are Wholelattelove.com.
They also have the Classico.
I have a Saeco built machine.
Mine has lasted about 3 years, still going.
Its not bad, but Im sure its nothing compared to the Silvia.
Dont forget about the Burr grinder$$$

Brenticon

Aug 24, 2005
Visit site
i think i've landed on the barista. it's made by saeco and some say it is a little more solid than the classico. plus, it looks better and the classico isn't available in canada only the aeroma with the plastic wand which i loathe.
eventually as i get better in my brewing i'll get the non pressurized portafilter.

Brenticon

Aug 24, 2005
Visit site
thanks bbiizziieebee. i really do want that one because it seems to me like that is the be-all/end-all of home brewers and in 15 years or so it'll still be up and running. It's like if you want a fender, don't go for squire... am i right?

Lets see what the wife says about all this! :)