Book of Roast

BEANPEACE

Nov 6, 2020
Visit site
Any updates or reviews on the book yet?

I have read it has articles on making a business plan, and everything from growing to harvesting and roasting and brewing and selling. (But that was pretty much the review Roast Magazine gave it) What are the actual reviews from real people in the business and those that perhaps used it to start a business or expand their business?

daustin

Jun 13, 2020
Southern California
Visit site
This isn't really a review, just a recommendation

You can view the Table of Contents (TOC) from the Book of Roast page ( I can't post links on this forum yet)

If you are serious about roasting, whether you are a home roaster that wants to learn more or you want to start your own roastery, it is well worth the money. There are very few books on roasting in the world. You should probably buy them all. Some of the articles were written quite a while ago but most, possibly all, are still valid. Many articles are from previous Roast Magazine issues and some are exclusive to the book.

It will not teach you to roast. Buy Scott Rao's and Rob Hoos' books for that. The "Book of Roast" will fill in the gaps that Rao's books do not provide. There is a section on "Business Basics" and a chapter in the section, about 6 pages, called "The Importance of a Business Plan and Business Planning", on things to think about when writing a business plan. It will not teach you how to write a business plan.

I'm glad I bought it. You can probably find some of the info presented in the book by doing some research on the internet but this book saves you the time and presents the information in a single publication.

If you have any other questions about it I will try to answer them.

- David

Rustlen

Dec 9, 2020
Cwmbran
Visit site
Recently, I saw this book in a store, and it was expensive. In general, books have become expensive lately. I found a more budget-friendly way out of this situation. I download books in pdf format. So much cheaper and more convenient. I learned about this method of downloading books on mytextbooks.org. I started reading the Book of Roast. There's really a lot of useful information out there. In detail, I only read articles about making a business plan. Everything is quite clearly written.

Last edited:

Gibsongi

Nov 9, 2020
England Coventry
Visit site
Recently, I saw this book in a store, and it was expensive. In general, books have become expensive lately. I found a more budget-friendly way out of this situation. I download books in pdf format. So much cheaper and more convenient. I learned about this method of downloading books on mytextbooks.org. I started reading the Book of Roast. There's really a lot of useful information out there. In detail, I only read articles about making a business plan. Everything is quite clearly written.
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!

SPid

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
Rustlen: Your link to mytextbooks.org takes one to a different book (not The Book of Roast). In fact, mytextbooks.org doesn't even have The Book of Roast.

Besides, posting a link is SPAMMING.

Last edited: