Coffee for Children

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
My son is 9 years old and he is addicted to coffee. Recently I have noticed some dental issues like bleeding gums in him.I tried changing his toothbrush but there was no change even after using a soft bristle toothbrush. The intensity of bleeding increased gradually and I had to take him to an emergency dental care in Toronto. Can coffee intake cause bleeding gums? Is coffee bad for dental health? Please advise. I am curious to know.

I am sure that heavy coffee drinkers will get some stains on their teeth, but I doubt that it would cause the bleeding gums. BTW, 9 years old is way too young to get addicted to coffee. (I say the same thing for a lot of Energy drinks for young kids! They shouldn't be drinking at all.)

amirhossien

Jul 12, 2017
Visit site
I suppose it's the same as with everything..'moderation is the key' It does depend on what age you're talking about though too. IN that thread they were discussing teenagers whihc is different from giving a 5 yr old a cup of coffee. I expect most younger kids wouldn't like it anyway.