Nitro cold brew

Coffeemeplease

Nov 3, 2012
Miami
Visit site
My 2 cents

I have also used a blend of 75% Nitro and 25% CO2. Had some good feedback from that also

How would you compare the differences between the Beer gas and the straight food grade Nitrogen? I have played with CO2, and Beer Gas. Beer gas works great but even that 25-30% CO2 ends up seeping in eventually(somewhere between 1.5-2 weeks in) because of the amount of nitrogen you need pushed into to cold brew to really get a nice cascading effect. So far I've seen pretty good consistency up 2 weeks with the flavor the only variation is that CO2 i mentioned earlier.

Here is a quick video of our cold brew on Beer gas: Instagram

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I stay with 100% nitro food grade. I tried the 75/25 mix just for the fizz effect per customers request. That is all the CO2 really does. The soda kegs don't stay full for long. The longest is overnight when I am closed.

Coffeemeplease

Nov 3, 2012
Miami
Visit site
nitro

I stay with 100% nitro food grade. I tried the 75/25 mix just for the fizz effect per customers request. That is all the CO2 really does. The soda kegs don't stay full for long. The longest is overnight when I am closed.

So does that mean when you change to full nitrogen with a stout faucet, unless its beer gas you wont get the cascading effect? Thank you for the help so Far!

Coffeemeplease

Nov 3, 2012
Miami
Visit site
Sorry I should have mentioned I have one :) So with the full Nitrogen and nitro stout faucet, do you still get the cascading? from my understanding the cascading has nothing to do with the CO2 side in beer gas, so with full nitrogen I should get the same cascading effect assuming I use the nitro faucet right ? Thanks again!!

hybridp

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Sorry to bring back a dead thread, but I figure it is better than starting a new one of the same topic. Has anyone experimented with how long the kegs will last in room temperature pressurized under nitrogen, and just pouring onto ice? I am trying to explore options for saving money for customers we plan on distributing kegs to for their businesses by not having to buy a kegerator and have extra fridge space to keep extra kegs cold.

ljsedivy

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I can't post a link, but put this into you-tube: Experience 'Nitro,' iced coffee fresh from the tap I found it somewhat helpful. But still would need to learn much more to put this into my business plan.