Nitro cold brew

hybridp

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I just found kegoutlet . com s go there and request ebook on cold brewing and serving coffee on draft.

I have read that PDF. While it is informative for those not educated in cold brew. The manual to keg it isn't that great. All you seem to need is a keg, valve (dual stage to really be able to monitor/control tank pressure and output pressure), nitro stout tap and the lines that should come with it. You'll either want to just get a small 2.5 gallon keg and keep it in a fridge or buy/build a kegerator. If you throw it in the fridge the aforementioned setup runs about 350 bucks? Kegerators can run 500-650 alone.

ljsedivy

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have read that PDF. While it is informative for those not educated in cold brew. The manual to keg it isn't that great. All you seem to need is a keg, valve (dual stage to really be able to monitor/control tank pressure and output pressure), nitro stout tap and the lines that should come with it. You'll either want to just get a small 2.5 gallon keg and keep it in a fridge or buy/build a kegerator. If you throw it in the fridge the aforementioned setup runs about 350 bucks? Kegerators can run 500-650 alone.

Great info. Thanks. Also, I found Carribean Coffe carries 5.16 gal Pet Kegs of 6 varieties and they ship nationwide. 90+ day shelf life. carribean coffee co (d0t) come

hybridp

May 25, 2015
Visit site
How long do you leave the keg pressurized before you tap it? I tried to pour after tapping and there was no head just flat coffee.

Not sure. You used a nitro stout tap? What pressure did you use in the keg? You might need to wait a few days before tapping. Hope to hear your ezperienxe if you tried again. I still want to do this

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Nitrogen is not soluble in coffee or beer (or very very little %). You will need 30-35 PSI of 'beer gas' (mixture of Co2 & Nitro) and run it through a stout faucet. The high pressure through the stout faucet is what makes the cascade effect.

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
Hi Folks,

I roast coffee, and make nitro cold brew commercially. There are a few companies that use pumped air, but most are using either nitrogen or a combination of nitrogen and CO2. If they use high pressure nitrogen, then the result is a drink that looks like a Guinness Stout. The cold brewing process produces a drink without the sharp or acidic components that give life to hot coffee, but taste sour when cold. The nitrogen increases the sweetness and aromatic properties, and makes the cup even smoother.
It's rather wonderful, and about the most visually appealing drink ever!

Here's a link to a page that describes it pretty well, and has a terrific graphic, so you can see what it looks like;
http://www.esquire.com/…/dri…/a35593/nitro-coffee-explained/

Enjoy,

Dave