Site Poll: How many cups of coffee do you drink a day on average?

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day (average)?

• Total voters

DopeNABox

May 16, 2014
Gainesville, Florida
Visit site
I usually drink 2-3 cups in the morning, but they aren't too big. Usually about 6-8oz per cup but I work at Dunkin' Donuts so I tend to drink 1-2 cups there, and if I'm not working I usually don't drink anymore throughout the day unless I need to stay up late in which i drink 1-2 depending on how long I plan to stay up. I sometimes drink 2-3 shots of straight espresso when I go into work to keep me going through the busy part of the day. I try to drink in moderation, plus I drink dark roast which tends to have less caffeine than most normal coffees.

Last edited:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I would love to post this poll in my blog, it's interesting how some coffee enthusiasts only drink 1 cup a day!

At least half the days of the week I am in that camp... I find that a great cup when I wake up, and my hankerin' for coffee is satisfied. The fact that I am able to get up when I'm done sleeping, often after 9am, with coffee consumption around 10am, may have something to do with it.

There are the days tho' when I'm cupping and having several cups.

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised that so many people drink 5 cups or more per day! If the person sleeps 9 hours per day, then he/she has 15 hours for daily activity. And 5 cups means drinking coffee every 3 hours on average :decaf:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I am surprised that so many people drink 5 cups or more per day! If the person sleeps 9 hours per day, then he/she has 15 hours for daily activity. And 5 cups means drinking coffee every 3 hours on average :decaf:

I can see how it would be easy to drink three of those cups of coffee first thing in the morning. Then space out the other two throughout the day.

gosha

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I think the cup's size description must be provided for this poll. If you have tiny cups, then three cups of coffee in the morning sounds fine :coffee: