Site Poll: How many cups of coffee do you drink a day on average?

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day (average)?

• Total voters

BeanBurner

Wow. I hadn't really thought about how much coffee I drink on a regular day. Typical day for me starts with two cups at the house befor we head to the shop to get things opened up. I will drink two or three cups at the shop with the regular morning crew before I head out to my "real" job. During the day at work, I probably drink at least two or three more cups. Maybe I should try more water?

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I would have to guess at about three cups a day on average. Although as I sit there in the hotel room and write this I think its number 5 today already. I generally find I do drink more when Im away on the road rather than at home.

TENN

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, it depends what size cup we're talking about :)

To me, an average cup of coffee is about 6 oz. So, using that standard, I usually drink about 3 cups. Sometimes a few more.

Bob_E

Dec 14, 2013
Michigan
Visit site
On a normal day I drink 6 cups, or 48 fluid ounces of black coffee. I think that's about 10 cups on a Mr. Coffee carafe and around 4 and 3/4 average sized coffee mugs...

montre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I used to have four cups of coffee in a day. Nowadays I have limited my coffee consumption to one or two cups only.

BlueMoods

Feb 1, 2014
USA
Visit site
I'm one of those people that caffeine does not keep awake (looking for a restroom to get rid of the last mug of coffee I drank does though) In the winter if the mug is empty, it must be refilled all day long so 8-12 cups a day. In summer 4 cups before it gets hot in the morning, then iced tea all day, then one cup after dinner so 5 cups a day. I like the taste of coffee and black tea so, that's what I drink.

I know every doctor will rag me for it but, I hate plain water and have not drank it since I was forced to drink 2.5 quarts a day as a kid. (some 30+ years ago)

ferdinand

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
3 cup, enough for me

w.png

OldSalt

May 16, 2011
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Visit site
They said it was healthy for me, so I usually take only three or so 6oz cups - but that is espresso, straight from the bean, so I guess that qualifies as five or more cups... An added benefit is that I can get aerobic exercise just by vibrating in my office chair!

shovenose

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I voted 4...
Usually, this is how it goes:

1 brewed coffee in the morning at home
sometimes 1 cup espresso based drink (mocha, latte, etc) at starbucks before work
on cooler days, another one of the above at lunch time. if it's hot, i'll get a black tea lemonade instead
1 cup at starbucks after work, or i wait until i get home and make one them...

If i skip the lunch caffeine intake, i literally die about 2PM :(

Nicko

I usually have a cuppa in the Morning before work and then another one between breakfast and lunch. My drink of choice is the Australian Flat white. Depending on mug size, 2 to 3 espresso Shots topped up with frothed milk.