Site Poll: How many cups of coffee do you drink a day on average?

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day (average)?

• Total voters

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for this idea actually. Lol, but I don't have a measuring cup at home, at the moment, I will have to buy one in order to serve the purpose.

Well, if you don't have a measuring cup you can always use an empty can of soda. 355 mL. Just fill it up, and pour it into the cup.. You can get a rough estimate that way anyway.. All about being innovative ;)

Jury rigging is fun :D

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, if you don't have a measuring cup you can always use an empty can of soda. 355 mL. Just fill it up, and pour it into the cup.. You can get a rough estimate that way anyway.. All about being innovative ;)

Jury rigging is fun :D

OMG, I cannot figure out how this forum made two of the most innovative and genius individuals meet each other (I am talking about myself and you), lol.....
Okay, so I am going to do a rough estimation of almost how much coffee I drink daily today using this empty soda can method and will share the results with you, over here.

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
OMG, I cannot figure out how this forum made two of the most innovative and genius individuals meet each other (I am talking about myself and you), lol.....
Okay, so I am going to do a rough estimation of almost how much coffee I drink daily today using this empty soda can method and will share the results with you, over here.

*checks watch*

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "MyMugsHalfFull"

Does *checks watch* mean that we're supposed to be picturing you sitting there checking your watch wondering when the reply will come? If so, since the message from "btreath9082" was posted on 11/6, I would think you'd be sitting there checking the calendar instead.

Every household should have at least one liquid measuring cup. The dollar stores and WalMart sell them pretty cheap.

Maybe he decided to wait until he had a chance to go out and buy one instead of trying to use the soda can method.

Rose

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
OMG, Thanks "PinkRose", thanks for reminding me of this, lol....I completely forgot to reply to this post. Oh, I was so busy during the last couple of weeks that neither could I use the soda can method nor could I go to the market to buy a liquid measuring cup.
Yes, you are right, every household ought to have some sort of liquid measuring cup. I do remember that we had one actually some year or two ago, but most probably it was lost while we shifted to our present location.

And "MyMugsHalfFull", please do elaborate the term "checks watch" for me and "PinkRose". I have no idea whatsoever regarding this term since I have heard this for the very first time in my life. Ah, me a poor soul with a poor vocabulary of the language, lol........
:D

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
OMG, Thanks "PinkRose", thanks for reminding me of this, lol....I completely forgot to reply to this post. Oh, I was so busy during the last couple of weeks that neither could I use the soda can method nor could I go to the market to buy a liquid measuring cup.
Yes, you are right, every household ought to have some sort of liquid measuring cup. I do remember that we had one actually some year or two ago, but most probably it was lost while we shifted to our present location.

And "MyMugsHalfFull", please do elaborate the term "checks watch" for me and "PinkRose". I have no idea whatsoever regarding this term since I have heard this for the very first time in my life. Ah, me a poor soul with a poor vocabulary of the language, lol........
:D

Rose was right :D I was checking my watch to see when you might respond the the post lol.. And she responded by saying I should be checking my calendar :D

Since the post was made, I was estimating that there must have been at least 20 cups of coffee gone by... Ah yet another use for coffee! Time tracking... :)

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Rose was right :D I was checking my watch to see when you might respond the the post lol.. And she responded by saying I should be checking my calendar :D

Since the post was made, I was estimating that there must have been at least 20 cups of coffee gone by... Ah yet another use for coffee! Time tracking... :)

Thanks for elaborating this. OMG, yes definitely its another use of coffee and a good one, lol......
People should start using coffee much more often for time tracking besides other uses.
:coffee:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for elaborating this. OMG, yes definitely its another use of coffee and a good one, lol......
People should start using coffee much more often for time tracking besides other uses.
:coffee:

The problem then becomes, like I mentioned on another thread, how long it takes you to drink your coffee. I remember a boss once saying we could take our breaks as long as it took us to finish our coffee... Well.. Guess who took an extra 10 mins.... :D

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem then becomes, like I mentioned on another thread, how long it takes you to drink your coffee. I remember a boss once saying we could take our breaks as long as it took us to finish our coffee... Well.. Guess who took an extra 10 mins.... :D

Lol, yeah you are so right. At homes, I have seen people finishing their cup of hot coffee. I mean really hot coffee in only a couple of minutes. The situation might well be totally opposite in offices where you might observe people finishing one cup of coffee in half an hour (keeping in mind that interval/break factor). :wink:

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I try to keep it to one cup a day around mid-morning, but on my long days (6am-7pm) I tend to kick back two or three throughout the day.

Yep.. Same here.. Time I'm up definitely has an effect on how much I drink. On very long trips (24 hours) I generally drink 5 to 6 cups lol... Wouldn't want to make that a habit though...

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I have just kept myself to 4 cups of coffee a day, even in cases when the days in office are very long. In such cases, I mean when there are longer than usual working hours, I simply increase the interval among the coffee cups so as to keep it to 4.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
For me, it depends on if i am having breakfast.
If i am having breakfast, i would say around 5-6 cups.
If I am not having breakfast, I would say about 24 oz in the morning.
Also, if i am roasting at home, I would try at least 2 or 3 small cups of coffee.

But I don't drink coffee when I am working..... ;)