Site Poll: How many cups of coffee do you drink a day on average?

How many cups of coffee do you drink a day (average)?

• Total voters

prairieguy

Sep 11, 2012
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Usually I'll have 2 in the morning, capuccino at lunch, maybe some crappy brew at work throughout the day, and if i need to work late, I make some in the french press. Can't get enough!

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I am just thinking of turning to 3 mugs of coffee per day from 2 per day. It seems that it has now become my habit and I really want to have the third mug everyday. :coffeecup:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "MyMugsHalfFull"

I wonder how many cups of coffee you'll be drinking when your new baby arrives. It will be quite while before you get a full night's sleep again!

Best wishes for the upcoming event.

Rose

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi "MyMugsHalfFull"

I wonder how many cups of coffee you'll be drinking when your new baby arrives. It will be quite while before you get a full night's sleep again!

Best wishes for the upcoming event.

Rose

Thanks Rose :) Already here, and yes... Tiring! I haven't upped my coffee level yet though... Time shall tell. I'm still getting about the same amount of sleep (just interrupted a lot more lol)

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rose.. I thought I did mention it lol.. Goes to show how out of it I've been past week!

Hello
I just read that your baby arrived into this world. So is the baby male or female? Many many congratulations to you and your spouse too. I do hope that you have great time with your baby. Is this your first baby? Lol, I think I am getting a bit more personal. Its entirely upto you in case you don't want to answer to any of my questions. However, do convey my best feelings to your spouse. Best of luck for your baby. Enjoy !
:star:

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
Edit: Congrats on the new born ! I missed the last few posts when I "quick replied". My wife layed off cafeine for quit a while during pregnancy. Not sure when she was back into it WRT nursing/etc. Have to ask.

You know, do we have a standard size for a "mug" ? I use three different sizes. One is less than 8oz. The largest has to be 18-20oz.

Last edited:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
You know, do we have a standard size for a "mug" ? I use three different sizes. One is less than 8oz. The largest has to be 18-20oz.

Well, you certainly have a point. I mean, that is so true in terms of coffee mug. Whenever I go to a market (to some gift or crockery shop), I come across coffee mugs of so many different sizes. The one which I personally use at home for drinking coffee is a bit bigger than an average. However, I have absolutely no idea in terms of how many oz of coffee does it hold? I even don't know how many oz of coffee a normal coffee mug holds? Then there is also the difference between cup and mug. I assume cup as a smaller thing while the mug as a bigger thing, lol....that would be a very layman definition, I assume.
But my point is that you have a valid point, lol......
;-)

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought standard size in the US was about 10-12 ounces for coffee....

Other countries it's less.. I think in Switzerland it was 6 to 8 ounces...

At btreath, a girl, first and according to wife only lol... We're enjoying her company.. It is certainly a new experience!

No coffee for her though....

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many ounces of coffee do I drink on daily basis or in 1 mug. I want to measure it but how? I guess I should pick my mug up and go the shopkeeper and ask him.

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many ounces of coffee do I drink on daily basis or in 1 mug. I want to measure it but how? I guess I should pick my mug up and go the shopkeeper and ask him.

You can always use a standard measuring cup ;) Not to drink it of course, but to measure out the amount of water/coffee that fits into your cup :)